Sunday, August 31, 2008

三人行 的 第5 个星期天

温馨午餐:

My eldest brother called me yesterday and made lunch appointment with us for today.
As usual, how can I say “no” to free meal...haha. He brought us to 莆田 @ Kitchener road. I remembered I had eaten in the restaurant before the renovation. The whole place now looks so clean and spacious, compared to the one I remembered. The food presentations are also very nice and the taste was very good. Simple home cooked dished and yet taste was so defined. I really had a very good impression of the food especially – 卤面 and 面线。Till now, the taste still lingered in my mouth…yummy. Anthea even had 2 bowls of the noodles.

After lunch, Anthea insisted that she want to “enjoy life” and as usual the 大舅 would fulfill her wish. We were treated to Bens & Jerry ice-cream at United Square. We took walk around Toy R US but did not buy anything, just window shopping. Then my brother fetched us home. We reached home around 3.30pm.

What Goes Round, Comes Around

At lunch time my youngest BIL, Terence, called me and asked if he could borrow our car to run some errands. Both Cherry and him are now busy shopping for the renovation items.

I agreed to his request. I remembered during those days when we were car-less, we also borrowed our families’ cars to run errands. It's especially useful when you need to go a few places, like they do now. The least I can do is to let them has the convenience, otherwise, their deadlines will be tighter as Cherry will be leaving soon for her work assignment to London.

I always think we had benefitted much when we needed the helps from the extended families, so now it's time for us to return the favors.

Hope that they can accomplish their shopping list... : )

简单晚餐

Both Anthea and Anders had late nap as we came back late from lunch. So I thought that it would be better to eat dinner at home, then to rush out for dinner again.

I prepared simple dishes – black bean soup with chicken feet, steam Golden Pomfret and minced pork.

We had a relaxing time at dinner and we even played some guessing games at dinner table. Both Anthea and Anders enjoyed the soup so much. And looking them eating so happily, I felt the joy within my heart.

After dinner, we played the cards game that my FIL bought for them last evening. It has been another wonderful Sunday for us and spending such quality time with the children is really fulfilling for me. 就算累也是累得开心。

Tomorrow the children childcare is closed due to Teacher's Day and luckily my mom had agreed to help me “babysit” 2 of them. I had wanted to take leave but there are some meetings cum training session, so it would not be nice to take a day off. Probably I may take ½ day, if permitted... : ) (谢谢你,老妈!)

2 comments:

Angie said...

you are doing good! 3 more weekends b4 reunion!! 加油!

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

Thanks for the encouragement.

Looking forward to hubby homecoming but he will be staying 2 weeks before flying off again.

astee