Friday, August 08, 2008

08-08-08

This is one of the lifetime most auspicious date and so many events happened on this day.

This morning I woke up feeling so happy and looked forward to a fun filled day.

Our general manager, Tony, recently celebrated his 15th wedding anniversary and he brought his wife and daughters to Bali for a family vacation. At the same time, they celebrated their anniversary there and re-took the wedding vow. He showed us the photographs and it was simply – So Romantic.

Our department bought for them a small wedding gift from Swarovski. In appreciation for the gift, Tony and his wife treated us to a lunch. It was arranged on 08-08-08 and the lunch venue was Raku Japanese restaurant in Greenwood Avenue.

It was a buffet lunch and we were treated to some really good Japanese food, which I had never eaten elsewhere. The presentation of each dish was very exquisite and the taste was delicious. It was my 1st time meeting Tony's wife and she is very pretty and also a very well groomed lady. From the conversation, she seemed to be a very DIY person. After lunch, we headed home. Tony had agreed to give us early released from work, in preparation for the Dinner & Dance.

I went back to settled Anders from childcare and then brought to my PIL's house as they had kindly agreed to help me babysit both Anthea and Anders while I attended the dinner. When I left my in-laws place, I decided to go to the salon in the Central to style my hair. Honestly for such a theme, it's hard to decide on hairdo. Anyway, I told them of the dinner theme and the rest is up to the hairstylist imagination. Luckily, the Lady Boss did a simple one and it was really cool. I meant because it was outdoor, so I need to tie up my hair, so I will not feel so hot...: P

I took the MRT and reached Fort canning in about 20 minutes time, it was pretty easy to get there. As this year dinner theme is Wacky Olympic, most of the staff came in their sport gear. It was quite a nice change compared to those usual fanciful themes. Some business unit even comes in the same dress code. There were some pre-dinner programmes – photo taking, different games station related to sports, face painting. I went to register my lucky draw and took my goody bag.
(She is the WINNER of best dress - Individual Catergory)

The dinner started with a short video show of some of the HODs passing the “Olympic torch” around Singapore (actually it was just in our company location). It was a very funny video and the staff had a good laugh with the video. Finally at the end, the CEO jogged in to the marquee with the “torch” and lighted up the “Olympic fire”.

The dinner started and there were many games in-between and some of them were very hilarious. It was so much fun enjoying the entertainment. My only regret was that I was sitting among a group of “aunties and uncles”, none of them wanted to participate along and just sat there quietly to watch. So “sian”..right. I should jump table… haha.
Anyway, I enjoyed myself wholeheartedly because like I say, this may be my last D&D with the company.

After the final lucky draw, it was almost 11.10pm, I quickly and took a taxi back. Per my last checked with my In-laws, they had brought the children back to our own home. I left a set of house keys with them, just in case.

I reached home around 11.30pm and both Anthea and Anders were still awake. I knew they need to see me before they can fall asleep.

I am so grateful to my in-laws for making it possible for me to attend the dinner and I was felt apologetic for making them stay up so late, especially my FIL, who sleeps early. Thanks mom & dad.

Also, another important letter that i received in the letter box from TGPS confirming that Anthea has been successful in securing a seat in the school. The orientation is on 17 November 2008 at 9 am.

The official Olympic in Beijing opened today too and we had the see it LIVE at the dinner.

It had been a very memorable 08-08-08!!!

1 comment:

Shiny Stars said...

Wow really interesting D & D theme your company came up with!

Congrats to Anthea for entering the school of her choice! A load off the mind indeed ;p