Friday, August 22, 2008

2 in A Day...

Anthea used to do her MPM Math on Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon. Then when my MIL announced her retirement plan, we took the opportunity to sign Anthea for a weekday Chinese lesson at Tien Hsia. So far, the routine was manageable with my MIL logistic support.

Recently, my MIL decided to return to the workforce when her previous employer approached her with a reasonable attractive package. I am all supportive of her returning to work because I know my MIL has great passion for her job and she also enjoy working with her colleagues.

With this change, I need to reschedule Anthea's classes in order to match our family routine. Now that Adrian is oversea, Anders will need to tag along whenever Anthea has her lessons. So I am trying my best to maximize her lesson time, so that it will not be so tiring for all of us.

The best fit schedule now is MPM Math on Friday and she will be doing 2 books instead of the original 1 book. The teacher has commented that she is progressing well and handling 2 books should not be a problem to her.

Her Tien Hsian Term 4 starts Sep to Nov and I have arranged for her to take the Saturday afternoon lesson from 4.30 pm to 6pm. This means that I will try to make the children nap early on Saturday so that we can go for her lessons. There are limited slots for weekend's session as most of the classes are fully booked

Today is her second last lesson at Tien Hsia for Term 3. I decided not to disrupt it and took ½ day off to bring her for the lesson.

After work, I went to her childcare to fetch her and when we reached Tien Hsia, I made the payment for her next Term lessons. Judging by the number of waitlists on my preferred timing, the coordinator mentioned that chances are very slim.

While Anthea was doing her lesson, I run my errands. I managed to go to the Library to returned and borrowed new books for them. Thanks to Vivien and Levine's comments in my previous blog. I managed to collect the free gift and a token, plus the reading card. Now we are motivated to read more books...haha.

After the library, I went for a quick bite and then did some shopping for grocery at NTUC. I stocked up on our weekend breakfast and lunch ingredients...: P

Then it was just in time for me to fetch Anthea from her class. I saw many mommies/grannies and even daddies waiting for their child at the centre. This makes my dream of becoming a PTSAHM stronger!!

We went home and Anthea had her power nap. In the evening, Anthea and Anders had Happy Meals for dinner before Anthea went for her MPM Lesson.

At the end of the day, she was still pretty enthusiastic and came home to do her homework...phew... I was still worried she might be overwhelmed with 2 lessons in a day.

At night, we had chance to talk to daddy and he updated me on his course. So far, things are going well and he had been tasked to do some important assignments and I know this will be to his advantage.


Another quality day in Aces routine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! indeed a very high quality day for all of you!

Not sure if i should suggest this, maybe instead of waiting for Anthea, have u thot of signing up the same time-slot of Anders too? so his time won't be "wasted" just sitting there waiting for jiejie..

think, PTSAHM is really a very good idea and the govt should encourage that. Its the best of both world.

Aces Family said...

Hi Mommy Charmaine,

Thank you for your suggestion and i will definitely consider the option.

Lucky nearby the centre there is a Libraary,meanwhile, i will "kill" anders time in there.

It's never easy decision to become SAHM/PTSAHM but i guess the bottomline is clear.. : )

Thanks,
astee

Louis & Eve said...

Here's wishing you all the best on your path towards becoming a PTSAHM by 2009. I'm sure something will come along to allow you to be able to your dream. And the 2As will then get to enjoy even more creative, elaborate and nutritious "ai xing bian dang" :)