Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Anders 1st Library Card

Both Anthea and Anders enjoy bedtime stories and I will try my best to read to them every night.

It's a routine for us (me) to go to the library to borrow the books for reading. I would usually chose books that Anthea can read. I would encourage her to read and help her with words that she has difficulty. I hope this will encourage and cultivate her reading habit and become a Book Lover like daddy.

As for Anders, I will choose books that are of his interest such as: Animals, Cars, Dinosaurs and short Chinese stories book.

All these while, I have been using Anthea's library card to borrow the 4 books. I realized that 4 books are not enough to keep them occupied because the story kept repeated every night…haha.

Last Monday, when we were at the library, I decided to register a library card for Anders. I went to the customer service counter and wanted to register the card, the attendance informed me that I can DIY at the E-Kiosk ...this show how “mountain tortoise” I am... : P

So I register Anders card at the E-Kiosk and within a few minute, his card was ready and operational, I was so IMPRESSED!! Now Anders is officially a NLB card holder.

We went around the library and both of them busied themselves with the library books: “mommy, I want this book.” “Mommy, I want that book.” I was so busy looking at those books that they choose. Some are just too difficult for them, so I told them to choose an easier one.

Anders had requested for the “ya chong” (tooth bacteria) story book and we managed to find it. He enjoys reading this book. Ever since he read this book, brushing teeth had become his every night ritual...haha.

I am glad both my children enjoy reading and we will definitely visit the library as and when we are free.

11 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

Welcome to bookworm club! Haha. Its a good habit to cultivate!

Astee, if you borrow 4 books using Anders' card (on the same day u made the library card), with the borrowing receipt, can redeem a goodie bag leh.

A Husband's Voice said...

I enjoy reading novels very much too but I have never been a fan of the Library. I have been buying books to read since secondary school but I think with the kids I have to start visiting the library instead.

I would have thought using our IC is enough to borrow the books so no need to get them the library cards.

Aces Family said...

Hi Vivien,

Wow..didn't know about the goodies bag, must go and claim..thanks.

Hi Dylan,

Letting them own their NLB cards also promote ownership and taking good care of the books. And during school hldys, their cards can borrow more books. .. : )

cheers,
astee

Louis & Eve said...

Kudos to the 2As for starting to read at a young age. Reading is a wonderful habit that can allow them to "travel and see the world".

Plus, there are just some knowledge that you gain through reading that they don't teach you in schools... not even some of those who "graduated from Stanford" ;)

Louis & Eve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LZmommy said...

You are doing great, Astee :) I'm sure your little ones enjoy reading.

Aces Family said...

Yo Eve,

Agreed that indeed they "travel & see the world" via the books. Also learn day to day things.

Hmm..as for the Standford thingy, i do think has its own value..right.. : P

Hi LZmommy,

Thanks for your encouragement, actually looking at how L love reading inspired me alot too.. : )

cheers,
astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

You reminded me, so I went and registered Shan Ee. Now, my son wouldn't need to whine that he has to borrow books for mei mei with his card. :)

Aces Family said...

hi Brightsong,

How true... the one with the card will "complaint" that the sibling always use his/her card..haha.

Hope to see u sometime in the Library..AMK.

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

hi, there is also a reading card programme goin on. U can get a stamp for every 4books u borrow. And encouragemt gift will be given upon completing each card.

Aces Family said...

hi Levine,

thanks for sharing this useful info. Will check with NLB. : )

ps: sorry that i can't visit your blog, somehow i had problem getting to it.. : P

astee