Tuesday, August 26, 2008

新目标 – 2。4 公里跑步

I read on Angie's blog that she recently completed the 10KM Army Marathon organized by SAFRA. Her original goal was 6KM. With Clement encouragement and her strong will & determination, she DID IT. I always admired people who does marathon because it is not easy task to run and run for such a long time. It takes a lot of discipline.

After reading her accomplishment, the “athlete” in me is starting to want to come out underneath the lazy bones. I am contemplating to try it next year, perhaps.

I enjoy running and used to represent inter-school 4x100m relay during my primary school days. For secondary school, I slacken and joined uniform group instead.

Now that I am back to my gym routine, I am very interested to try to do at least a 5km run.

Before Adrian left for his oversea trip, he transferred his SAFRA Gym membership to me for use during his absence. So this means that I am now a gym member of 2 clubs and I should have more motivation to train for the 5KM target.

Probably I should start with the 2.4km 1st and then slowly progressed to a longer distance. Wish me good luck with this new target in my next phase of life. My gym routine is keeping me going strong and active. This indirectly makes my day happier and i have more energy with the children.

Last evening, we went to NTUC to buy a string water bottle for Anthea, the previous one I just bought “spoiled” after 2 weeks of usage....sigh!! 中看不中用.

At the same time, I tried to look for a pair of cover shoes for Anders but was not successful as he prefer a pair with “light” *faint*. Boy also wants to look nice.

After buying the bottle, we went home and the children had ice-cream cone – their way of enjoying life. I bought these 2 tubs of Wall's kid’s ice cream @ $3.00. They chosen chocolate and durian flavors. It was very nice and I had a cone too...simple enjoyment in life.


4 comments:

Angie said...

加油!加油!加油!!明年一起参加10KM!

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

Cannot be too adventurous,老人家能跑5 公里算不错了。。哈哈!!

cheers,
astee

Angie said...

拜托,妹子,说到年纪我大概比你大!:)

Shiny Stars said...

Hei Astee, I want to participate in the 2.4km run too!! Can let me know so that I can run with you?

That aside, yest when I cant get to sleep, I reminded myself must tell you that you can apply for SMS reminder for library books due date. Just go to the counter and apply for it! Hee, ever since I applied for it, no longer have to pay overdue fines due to forgetfulness ;p