Friday, August 15, 2008

决定

Yesterday I spoke to my General Manager of my plan to go Part – Time in 2009 so that I can take care of Anthea’s after-school-care needs. From his tone, I know it’s likely not possible for my current position to be a Part Timer as the department is expanding and they need an administrator support FULL TIME.

Anyway, I told my GM that should the idea not be feasible, I am ready to pack & go…haha.

I had discussed this issue with Adrian before he left for his oversea detachment and I am glad that he has been supportive of my decision.

I felt my desire / passion to be there for Anthea after-school care surpasses my engagement toward my current work. This does not me that I want to be JOBLESS. Matter of fact, I am actually very ACTIVELY looking high & low for a Part Time morning job that can allow me to be there for her. Probably the right opportunity is not here yet… : P

Yesterday, I had lunch with my long – timed friend and also our family financial adviser, Kenneth. He also mentioned that nowadays, it is hard to find a FULL TIME working mothers. Especially when the children start formal schooling. He said nothing beat the care of a Mother / Father, which I agreed totally. Of course, not every family can depend on a sole bread winner, like us. I guessed we just need to be more prudent in our daily expenditure.

Last evening I brought Anthea for her MPM Math class and had a quick chat with her teacher. She asked me about Anthea enrolment to primary school. Her feedback on TGPS was very positive and she also gave some insight to guiding the child in their learning process. After chatting with her, I know my decision is on the RIGHT TRACK…haha.

The other push factor is – Bento-ing. Seeing so many mommies preparing snacks for their children to school, I am very inspired and motivated. Hopefully being a PT worker will give me more time allowance to prepare “爱心便当“for my children : P

All the best to my DECISION ...

10 comments:

stardust said...

I am also planning to look for part-time job when Vince goes Primary School.

Do share more experiences, hor...

Angie said...

All the best!!

aiyah~~ do full time job can do bento too lah..~~ :)

LZmommy said...

Yes :) nothing beats being there for our kids as they are growing up.

Hope you will be able to find a part time job soon :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Stardust,

Yeah, will share as much as i can, like i am learning as much from other mommies as well.

Hi Angie,
Like you, i know FT mommy also can bento..haha.

hi LZmommy,
Yes, i get alot of motivations whenever i see LZ spending quality time with you...: )

Thank you all.

cheers,
astee

Clement said...

what you'd get by going part time, or becoming SAHM would actually be time in quantity. To turn this into quality time with the kids wd be that extra effort you put into filling these new-found pockets of time.

good luck on your decision~! :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Clement,

very Profound comment...i hope it's something good..hee. : P

Thanks for the well wishes.

cheers.
astee

Noe said...

Woo Hoo! Join the PSAHM club, girl!
With our eldest at the same age, we have more things to share. =)

Aces Family said...

Hi Noe,

Thanks and i am looking forward to join the club.. : )

Indeed, i learned so much and benefited from all the mommies.

thanks,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

Astee/Noelle, I be your junior in PSAHM club coz I planned to work part time too when my elder starts P1 in 2010!

Not easy to come up to this decision but for sure, its worth it for our kids ;p

Astee said...

Hi Vivien,

Haha..so next year will be your "STRESS TIME", have you done yr "homework" ? or you hubby also old boys of ACS : P

Yes, not an easy decision but i think it's be worth it when you grow tgther with them.. : )

cheers,
astee