Sunday, August 03, 2008

三人行 的 第一个星期天

This morning we woke up and I prepared breakfast for the children. Now that Adrian is oversea, I will need to make sure there is food for breakfast. Usually he will buy breakfast before going for his badminton sessions.

After breakfast, I did my Sunday household chores – sweep & mop floor, wash the toilets, do the laundry. When I finished all the tasks, I decided to go marketing to buy some ingredients to prepare a simple dinner. So I brought both anthea and Anders along to the market. As the weather was hot, I decided to bring them to the swimming pool for a dip after the marketing. Anthea was quite concerned and asked me – “mommy, you bring the food to the swimming pool, if the food spoiled, how?” I told her all these are raw food, so it's still ok for them to be put outside for a short while. Then she was happy.

We had about a good 30 – 40 minutes of water play and I noticed that Anders is now more daring to go on his own in the baby pool. Previously he will need me to walk around with him. I think I must bring him more often to boost his confidence.

Anthea requested for Maggie noodle, again, for lunch and Anders was asking for the same. So I prepared the noodles for them. Both of them finished the noodles in record time..Sigh, if only this apply same to eating rice..haha. After lunch we even prepared the Super Smoothie drink that Anthea got from her craft for little princesses book. It was a present from Louis and Eve from London.

While they were having their lunch, I prepared old melon soup for dinner. Both Anthea and Anders are soup lovers. I enjoy preparing soups for them because our tingkat caterer soup portion is small, so they can't drink more than they wanted. Now I must make it a point to cook soup for them on weekends.

After lunch, they took their afternoon nap and I rested with them too. When we woke up, I prepared dinner for them. Usually when Adrian is home, we will have dinners with the extended families.

Nowadays Anders is quite difficult at the dinner table and he eats very little when we dined outside. For the last few days, he had been reprimanded by the families for misbehaving and I am quite stressed each time when I eat out. So I will try to minimize eating out and will train Anders to behave well at home 1st. I hope he will learn his table manner, so that I will be able to eat in peace... : P

This is Aces family 1st Sunday without daddy and it has gone well.I know the children miss him and I will continue to motivate them that daddy is working hard, so they must put on their best too!!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Well done, Astee! Remember to have enough rest yourself too!

Mommy Lose Weight said...

jia you! :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Thanks and i will always rest when the children have their nap.

Hi Ling,

Will "jia-you" minus the fats..haha.

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

think we woman are "coper"..throw us in any situation, we always comes out fine! ;P You did well on the first day without hb.

My kids love soup too especially the old melon and also the corn soup..: )

Aces Family said...

Hi mommy charmaine,

we are "master of all trades"...sure must be able to cope..haha.

Corn soup is my next week menu..haha..: P

cheers,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

Hee Astee, try the cabbage soup, I am sure your kids will love it ;p

My boys also misbehaved during eating time, forever taking their own sweet time. Argh, I have to have a cane by my side when comes to dinner time.

Remember to rest when tired, coz its not easy handling the kids alone.

Take Care