Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wacky Olympic

Yes, this is the theme of our 2008 Dinner & Dance and needless to say, it will be happening this Friday, 08-08-08. (Very Innovative!!! right...haha)

The location is none other than the famous – The Legends @ fort canning park. Don't ask me why this date and why this place...I have no clue at all.

Last year we had a great time dressing up to the theme but this year theme is a bit too general, so we really had no fanciful idea of how to dress. I suggested those Tankinis (beach volleyball) to my colleagues, everyone was laughing and claimed that “we can't show abs but we can show fats."

Finally we decided that our lucky table 18 will all wear a RED top, simply because RED is an auspicious color and also 08-08-08 is the eve of Singapore 43th National Day. So the RED hit many stones with one color...: )

Today at lunch time, I arranged with a colleague of mine to go shopping at Nike shop in Suntec Shopping Mall. My colleague has shortlisted a Tee that she like and wanted to get a slack to match it. At the same time, I also started looking around for something nice and I managed to get myself a Tee too.

Nope you didn't see wrong, it's a MUFC tee and it's NOT MINE...haha. I told my colleague that I had never own a Football club tee/jersey before and if ever I get a chance to buy one – it must be LIVERPOOL FC. (Actually, I almost wanted to get the MUFC tee for the group sake, but luckily it does not have my size... FATED!) Fyi, this colleague of mine is clueless on EPL, so it does not matter which club it is. However she said her hubby is a Liverpool supporter.. : P


So finally after some consideration, I bought this - FCB (FC Barcelona). I was very happy with my choice and the jersey looks good.

One of my long-timed friends works in Nike and she managed to get some good staff discount for us. Overall, we had a very GOOD Buy.

This may be my final D&D with the company and i hope that this event will be a memorable one for me.

Now, I am looking forward to dressing up for this Friday and hopefully can win a lucky draw prize.

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

Lucky you didn't buy the MU jersey, otherwise, I will call you a 'traitor'! Hahaha...

Saw the comment that you left in my blog. Is it what I think it is, a good news? :) I hope it is! Tell me pleeeease.. :)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, i was very worried to be called a "traitor" too,knowing there are some many Liverpool blogging mommies.

Aiyo, don't be mistaken, i am not EXPECTING..haha. When i meant was our hubbies travel at the same time.. : P

cheers,
astee