Saturday, August 23, 2008

E-Poll Day & A Birthday Celebration.

We woke up to a rainy and cold Saturday morning. Thanks goodness, I bought breakfast, so it was just simple preparation. We had our usual ham & eggs breakfast.

POLLING Notice for Lift Upgrading – after the last round of general survey, now it's the real thing. It's time to VOTE for the LUP. The polling dates started from 21 August to 25 August. So I decided to cast in OUR vote this morning. It was a simple procedure – I submitted my IC and the officer in charge lead me to an E-polling kiosk. I just needed to answer 2 simple questions and that's it. Done in less than 1 minute time...haha. The committee even gave us a small souvenir.

Then we went to AMK HUB to buy a birthday cake for Aunty Eve's birthday celebration this evening. I decided to try the ever long Q – Four Season Durian Cake. At the same time, we bought a small present for Aunty Eve, hope she likes it.

Lunch was simple home cooked soup, steam fish and special “pork floss rice”. I bought this sushi rice maker last evening at the hardware store and decided to try it today.

Anthea and Anders had their usual afternoon nap after a good fun time with the neighbor gor gor.

Dinner was at Hua Ting in Orchard Hotel in celebration of my 2nd sister in law, Eve's birthday. As usual, the food was delicious and the companionship was good. We had a bottle of complimentary red wine to go with the sumptuous dinner because of my MIL privilege card entitlement.

(Anders & Faith)

Cake cutting ceremony was after the dinner and the feedbacks on the Durian cake were positive. Both Anthea and Anders had about 2 servings of the cake...haha. When Adrian is back, we will buy one for him to try.

After dinner, my PIL fetched us home. Yet another fruitful day for us.

Aces family wishing Aunty Eve – Very Happy Birthday and May her wish comes TRUE... : )

CHEERS!!

8 comments:

LZmommy said...

My estate started with the lift upgrading and at the wrong time. It is so noisy and dusty now :(

I see that you are slowly stocking up ;) Can't wait for next year to come and we can share ideas :)

Happy Belated Birthday to your Sister-in-law :)

Aces Family said...

hi LZmommy,

Oh dear, understand what you are going through now..not easy,especially with the noise.

I am trying out the stuff slowly cos i dare not "jump" too fast.: P

Thanks for your well wishes.

rgds,
astee

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to your SIL.

Heard so much abt this Hua Ting, wonder what's the price tag like?

Aces Family said...

hi Mommy Charmaine,

Thanks for your well wishes for my SIL.

Hua Ting price is quite ex because of its accolades that it had won.

Usually for our family of 10 + 1 inf, the bill is about $280 - $300 +. Because my MIL has the priviledge card, we will get 20% off. The food is good, for sure.

We will only go for special occassion.. : )

cheers,
astee

Louis & Eve said...

Hmmm.... how about some sushi too for Faith [& her parents]? They look yummy and healthy ;P

To LZMommy & Charmaine: Thanks for the wishes! :)

Aces Family said...

Yo Eve,

I am still far from making sushi, must learn the correct ingredient 1st...haha.

I think u will make better sushi than me.. : )

cheers,
astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

Hey, I also bought the same sushi rice mold the other day when I bought the basic cutters! Haven't used it yet.

I used to make simple sushi before Shan Ee came along, would need to refresh memory if I start again. Perhaps the japanese recipe weblink I have on my blog would be helpful?

Aces Family said...

Hi Brightsong,

Shall we go Daiso tgther..haha. Stock for next year preparation.

Will definitely check out the Japanese recipe on yr blog.. : )

Thank you,
astee