Sunday, August 24, 2008

三人行 的 第 4 个星期 天


“SWEET SURPRISE “– last Saturday I arranged to meet up with a family friend, Eileen, to pass her 2 small moon cakes. Eileen' brother (W) work in the same company as Adrian and he is going for the same work detachment. He is going with the 2nd batch that departed on 22 August. W had kindly agreed to help us hand carried the moon cakes to pass to Adrian, along with the moon cakes, we sent Adrian a small “gam ba deh” card and Anthea's drawing.

Yesterday evening, Adrian SMS me to inform that he had received the sweet surprise with the card. He felt very happy and wrote me an email
–“Thanks for reminding me that it is moonquake festival and you know how much I love moon cakes. Really can't believe how a simple moon cake can mean the whole world to me. Now I know.”

I know how it felt when we are away from our family and all these little gift from home will mean so much to the Love ones. (ps: my FIL even commented that adrian is eating mooncakes earlier than us here in SG..haha)

It rained the whole day on Saturday and today morning, it feels kind of chilly, like in winter season. Very nice weather but hope the Sun will come out because of the laundry.. : P

In the morning, I brought Anthea and Anders for some outdoor game while there was a bit of sun. We played Volleyball and also went to the playground.

After the morning workouts, we went to the hawker center to pack lunch as I was a bit lazy to cook.
Children had their usual afternoon nap after a good morning exercises.

Dinner was at my parent's home. Simple home cooked lotus root soup, dou si fish and baked chicken. All my favorite food and I had a good time catching up with my Lao pa and Lao ma. My eldest brother is in Bangkok for work purpose and will be back next week.

We went home to rest after a nice and hearty dinner. It's such a wet day and I think it's going to be another cold, cold night.

3 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

So sweet of you Astee...Adrian must be very touched! Can imagine how he feels when he received it ;p

LZmommy said...

So thoughtful & sweet of you to send the mooncake over to Adrian.

To Adrain, you are so blessed! :)

Anthea & Anders look so grown up in the pics :)

Weather has been cold lately.... You take care ya :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Vivien,

Indeed, he was very happy and touched. He said he was very lucky to rcvd smthing from home.


Hi LZmommy,

I know you mommmies would do the same if you were in my shoes.. : )

Kids are growing so fast these days, ya... : P

Thanks for the concern and u must take good care too with beanie growing each day.. : )

cheers,
astee