Friday, August 29, 2008

Zoo Outing & my 1st Bento

This morning I woke up around 5.45 am. It's the childcare centre field trip to the Zoo and I felt quite excited about it. This is Anthea and Anders 1st time to the Zoo with their childcare centre.

The other reason for my excitement was – I am preparing my own lunch box. As the children meals are included in the fees, parents were advised to buy their own meal. So I thought it would be a good chance for me to gauge my preparation timing because comes 2009 Anthea will be in morning session.

I had a simple lunch box ingredient in mind – onigiri / hardboiled egg / Vienna sausages.

I started cooking the rice and boiling the eggs. As for the sausages, I just needed to steam them hot in the cooker. All in I spent about 30 minutes, not bad since I didn't plan to do any deco, so my lunch box look a bit dull...haha.

Both anthea and Anders woke up at 7.30 am and had their breakfast. Then we set off to the school. Upon reaching the school, we presented the Teacher's day gift to their class teachers. There were total of 4 gifts - Ms Kelyn and 张老师 (Anders teachers). Ms Valentine / 罗老师 (Anthea teachers)

The principal had a short briefing with the parents who were there for the Zoo trip. I was quite happy to see a large turnout and some even joined in as couples. Each parent was given a bottle of mineral water and a hotdog bun.

We set off from the centre at 9am and reached the Zoo around 9.20am. The children were all excited upon arrival and kept saying what animals they wanted to see... : )

As it was just a ½ day trip, the itinerary was all set up by the school and from the schedule; I knew that there will be limited time/chance to explore the Zoo.

9.30 am – 10.00 am: arrival at the Zoo

10 am – 10.30 am: Educational Programme (Take 5 @ ZOO)

10.30 – 11 am – Proceed to Animals Show

11 am – 11.30 am – Splash Safari Show

11.30 am – 12 noon – Proceed to KFC

12 nn – 1 pm: Lunch

1 pm – 1.30 pm: Return to centre

Anders was a bit disappointed that he can't see all the animals that he was expecting to see. I told him that we will have chance to come again, that's for sure. Anthea had a good time with her classmates.

I brought along bread and biscuits for them to munch while walking on the way. Some of the other children also asked me for the snacks, luckily, I had enough to go around...haha. We had visited the Zoo before and from experienced, I know the children enjoying eating light snacks.

We reached the centre around 1.20pm and I brought Anders and Anthea home for their bath and afternoon nap.

In the evening, Anthea did her MPM lesson and I brought Anders to the library to read some books while waiting.

At night around 9.30pm, we had a chance to talk to Adrian. He was on a tour to Jerusalem and Dead Sea.

It has been a tiring but very fulfilling day spends with the children.

3 comments:

Angie said...

looking forward to seeing bento #2, #3, #4...!! :)

A Husband's Voice said...

Looks like we missed each other because I organised an event for a company's teambuilding at the Zoo on 29th Aug too. But our event was in the afternoon at 2.30pm.

My last trip to the zoo was so many years ago if not for this event I may not be going until Isaac is much older.

Aces Family said...

Hi Dylan,

Soon you will sign up for Friends of Zoo... : )

cheers,
astee