Sunday, August 10, 2008

三人行 的 第 2 个星期 天

The 1st week with Daddy oversea had flown passes so quickly and like I told Adrian before, 2 months will go by very fast, I strongly believe in this. Been there, done that!!!

Home alone with Anthea and Anders had NOT been as difficult as I had thought it would be. I think the main reason is – I am mentally prepared and also the 2 of them are now older and more independent.

Anthea is growing and maturing in her own way and I can sense that she knows that it’s not easy for me to handle both of them single handedly. Many times, she does things on her own and at times, she also helps me with little things like: keeping Anders toys and sharing things with Anders. At the end of the day, I will say “thank you, darling Anthea” & give her a BIG HUG. I will not take her little acts for granted.

Anders has been putting on his best since last Saturday and he has not been giving me any major problem. He will listen and cooperate with me as and when he is in his mood...haha. Likewise, when he did well, I will also praise him “good job, darling Anders” and give him a high five.

I know both of them miss their papa because every now and then, they will say “mommy, I miss papa...”. I will remind them that Papa is working hard for the family and so both of them must also behave well for papa. When papa comes back from oversea, he will buy TOYS for them...(opps...dear, you must remember this promise I made on your behalf...hee : P )

This morning weather was cool and nice. After breakfast, I brought Anders to the GP – Dr Tng to get medication for his runny nose/cough. My MIL brought Anthea for a morning swim at my youngest brother in law house.

For lunch, we met up with my da-ge and Lao ma and headed to Han's @ China Square. It was a nice and relaxing lunch. Both Anthea and Anders had a good time chatting up with their da-jiu.

We took a walk around China Square and there were many stalls at the Flea Market. I was so engrossed with all the little things that were selling. I almost bought a lunch box for Anthea but didn’t do so because the cover of the lunch box could not close tightly. I was worried the food may spill out. Must find a chance to go Chinatown Point…hehe.

After lunch, the children came home for their afternoon nap. I had planned to bring them for a gathering at Sentosa with some of the BB Forum families. As Anders is still down with flu, I thought its better not to let him go and passed the virus to other children. I hope the next chance, we will be able to make it, can't wait to see all these nice and fun people in person.


Dinner was with the families at Jumbo in NSRCC. Then after that we headed to Changi Airport T2 for Swenson Desserts. Both Anthea and Anders had a great time with all the uncles and aunties, yeye and nai-nai and of course, their lovely cousin, Faith.

My MIL shared with me a piece of good new - she is going back to work on 18 aug 2008. I knew that this will come along but never expected it so soon...haha. She had enjoyed enough of her retirement. So now i will need to re-schedule Anthea's friday lesson and make new arrangement for her next term lesson, if she is still interested to continue.

4 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

it's good that u still have PIL and relvatives to help out, as in going out with them to have dinner. at least they can help u to take care of ur kids if u r going out.

unlike me, hard to find time to go out as my mum is already tied up with my nephew and niece. hehe.

Angie said...

too bad you couldnt join us at Sentosa.. Anthea is such a sweet girl...

Aces Family said...

Hi Ling,

Understand what you meant, that's why i am very appreciative for my own parents and in-laws for ever being so supportive in term of moral and logistics.

Hi Angie,

I know i will sure have the chance one day... : )

cheers,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

Wow, indeed a happening weekend you had!

Great kids you have! They have indeed grown to be more sensible.