Monday, September 01, 2008

辞职的感觉

Today is the day that I submitted my resignation letter officially. My last day of work with the company will be 30 September 2008. However, the company has been kind enough to give me the option of staying till end December 2008, so I am entitled for the AWS. Also at the same time, I can do a proper handover of duties to my successor.

I had very good working relationship with my colleagues and I want to leave them in good hand.

Honestly, the feeling is mix – Happy and Lost.

Happy for being able to be there for Anthea for her after school care comes 2009. Lost for not having an income and to depend on Single income is not healthy for our family, especially with cost of living going up and up. I will try my best to look for a Part Time job, at least to supplement my own expenditure on insurance policies.

This is my 1st time writing a resignation after almost 10 years of work. I was retrenched from my previous job about 4 years back, so there wasn't a need to write one.

To write a resignation is not easy, especially when you still have feeling for the job and the people. However, this is the current need for the family and this decision is for the good of our family, I belief.

Dear Tony,

I am writing to you to officially tender my resignation and my official last day of work will be 30 September 2008. However I will continue work until I have properly handover my duties to my successor before I leave. Although I am requested to stay on until 31 December 2008 for eligibility of AWS but I am given the option to leave the company earlier if I wish to.

This was not an easy decision to make, on my part. The past 4 years have been rewarding. I’ve enjoyed working for your and this wonderful department.

Thank you for the opportunities for growth that you have provided me. I wish you and all staff of IP&S SG the very best.

If I can be of any assistance during this transition, please let me know. I would be glad to help however I can.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

astee

5 comments:

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

It was difficult for me to write resignation letters too. there is this struggle between self-fulfilment and fulfilment with your own kids :p

Angie said...

不容易的一个选择,加油!

Aces Family said...

Hi Brightsong,

You said it, it was a struggle but once the focus become clear, it's easy to overcome it.Esp when you are talling about your own children.. : )

Hi Angie,

谢谢,我会加油!!

rgds,
astee

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee,

I remember how tough it was for me to write and submit my resignation to Alice 3.5yrs ago. Understand totally what your feeling is.

But if you know this is for your family and something you have been wanted to do for your children, surviving on single income is really not a bad idea but definitely have to see if single income can help to survive. Mayb cutting on certain expenses that is not really necessary will help. It can be done, we have done it. And just be more careful with spending will help too.

My friend, no worries too much. Being able to spend time with your children is defnitely more fulfilling than any other job you hold.

Aces Family said...

Hi Jean,

We will definitely do our best with our financial budget for the moment.

Thanks for the assurance and looking at how well you brought Grace up and Baby Jo on the way..i know i want to do the same.. : )

Good Luck to your delivery.

cheers,
astee