Tuesday, September 16, 2008

“I Love you, mommy”

Lately I have been hearing this sentence very often.

Almost every night without fail, Anders will say: “mommy, I love you”. Then follow by Anthea. Sometimes I will hear them say it even during day times when we are home on weekends.

When they say this sentence, they expect me to reply: “love you too, darling.” Otherwise I will be question, especially by Anders. He will ask “mommy, why you never say – love you darling?” : P

Last evening, he was a bit playful and didn't follow my instruction and I scolded him. He asked me “mommy, you love me? “ I replied him: “yes, mommy loves all my children.”

He asked: “mommy, if you love me, why you scold me?” I was totally caught off guard by his question and wanted to laugh. I controlled and explained to him: “if you listen to mommy, will I scold you?”

He said: “NO.”

I told him: “If you listen to mommy, mommy will not scold you. But when you are naughty, mommy will scold you. Do you understand?”

He said: “Yes, I love you mommy.”

How can I not fall in LOVE with my children...they are always the LIGHTS in my life.


Having reading Idy's blog on The Lifecycle of Talking pointers, I can't help but remind myself that I must always be Thankful that they are so willing to shower their LOVE on me. I must never take this cycle for granted and must appreciate the bonding I have with them.

8 comments:

Angie said...

So sweet!!

Shiny Stars said...

Hee they sure have a way to melt ur heart!

Noe said...

Oh yeah.
Those are the moments!

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Your turn will comes too.

Hi Vivien,

Your 4 men are always melting your heart too. : P

Hi Noe,

Yes, u said it!!

cheers,
astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

thanks for sharing your moments. my other blogging friend also tries to post her kids' 'i love you' moments and it motivates me. must remember to remember all these moments. :)

BTW, i went to that small hello kitty shop in AMK. it's next to 'q-bread', right? the lunchbox is not sold anymore, but i managed to get a hello kitty thermal mug ($8.90, at least within budget) large enough to pack porridge for my toddler. hope it can keep porridge warm enough.

Aces Family said...

Hi Brightsong,

Yes, this is the kind of moment we must remember and remind us that we must appreciate little acts of our children.

ps: I will lookout for the lunchbox for u. Is it for Ee Zen or Shan Ee?

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Awwww.... They are so sweet!

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

They are sweet and naughty too..haha : )

tks,
astee