Thursday, September 18, 2008

“TALKS” of the Town

AIA

I guess by now everyone has already heard of the latest updates from AIA and MAS assuring the policies holders that they have enough FUNDS to weather the current storm. Honestly, I am very worried because our “EGGS” are all in ONE Basket. I am considering taking some of these out and put it into another basket.

I had asked Adrian for his opinion and he said will leave the decision to me. I know it's be a lost now to withdraw the policies but it's better than to wait for the worst scenario.

I do hope to get some lights for the situation before making the decision, by end of this week.

The Diamond Castle


Yesterday, one of my colleagues was sharing with me this news - Barbie is back in town and this time in The Diamond Castle. It is another musical starting Barbie and Teresa about the fairy tale story of Liana and Alexa.This is our annual collection item, so how can I not buy it for Anthea... : P

This evening while waiting for Anthea to finish her MPM Math class, I shop around the VCD shop and found the VCD. We bought the Barbie VCD and Anders also chose a Dora DVD. We had not bought any new VCD/DVD for a long time. Both anthea and Anders are in for a good treat.. : )

My PA Card

I have been contemplating to sign up for the PA Card from Community Centres. The membership fee is $10 for 3 years, so it is really affordable.




The main reason is the tuition centre which I intend to sign Anthea up when she starts Primary school next year give discount to PA member. Also with the PA Card, there are many privileges to enjoy. So why not...haha. (省省省,妈妈最行!!)

4 comments:

LZmommy said...

I am worried too coz I have policies with them and am still thinking if I should.

I signed up for PA for years and I think it is good :) Check out the CC too during school holidays coz the courses are cheaper for members.

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Guess we will just hv to make a decision,good or bad.. : (

Yes, i saw the school hldy courses and some look very interesting.

cheers,
astee

A Husband's Voice said...

I am a little worried myself although it is not so much on life policies because we only got into buying insurance about two years ago so the amount accumulated is not that much.

My main concern is with the investments that are funded by our CPF accounts. Instead of leaving them in the CPF account we used a pretty large amount for this investment. Fingers crossed!

Aces Family said...

Hi AHV,

Regardless of whatever policies, i think we will all pray for the best.

rgds,
astee