Saturday, September 13, 2008

嫦娥与便当幻想

On Friday the childcare celebrated the Mooncake Festival and the children were advised to go in home clothes. At the same time to bring along a lantern. Both Anthea and Anders were very excited, especially Anthea as this was her 1st time playing the MAIN Actress for the performance.

When we reached the childcare, 罗老师 was at the main door and when she saw Anthea, she said: “哇,我的嫦娥穿的那麽美!” Anthea was very happy when she heard this and I can see the expression in her eyes and smile.
(Anthea and Anders wishing daddy : 中秋节快乐)

I didn't take leave to attend the performance but had requested for the photos. Hopefully the teacher got something nice on her.

This morning, I did some quick marketing to prepare a simple lunch for the children as I would need to settle them early for their afternoon nap. Luckily, they cooperated and slept around 1.30pm.

As usual, Anthea woke up around 3pm and Anders at 3.30pm. I was happy that we were on target. So after changing them, we made our way to Tien Hsia for Anthea's lesson. While Anthea was in her class, I brought Anders to the library to borrow books on Bentos. I have been following a few Blogging mommies who are preparing Bentos and each time when I see their bento, I drooled with envy.

For the present moment, I can only try bento-ing during weekends because for the weekdays, the children eat in childcare. So there is no PUSH factor for me to start yet.

Also seeing the amount of “investments” that these mommies had put into bento-ing, I am truly impressed but a bit hard for me to start my investment as I may be out of job soon...hee. (Must spend thriftily).

I am really fascinated with the book that I borrowed and begin to imagine that I can also do the same...haha. Just Imagination only.

After borrowing the books, we went to NTUC and I did some grocery shopping. Then we fetched Anthea from her class. My PIL picked us from the school and we had dinner together with my extended families.

My youngest brother in law recommended us to Stewhaus @ Cactus Road. We tried the Oxtail stew, Lamb shank stew and beef stew. The clear winner for the family is Oxtail stew. I ordered 2 kids meal for Anthea and Anders – spaghetti Bolognese and chicken chipolata. Both these dishes were good and Anders enjoyed the spaghetti.

My FIL bought new toys for both of them again and when we reached home, both of them were so eager to play with the toy.

A relaxed and enjoyable day for us. I am looking forward to our annual 提灯笼“at Bishan park tomorrow night.

4 comments:

Angie said...

i have that charabento book! it's impossible!!

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

That's why i say i can only IMAGINE doing them..haha. But they are all so cute.

cheers,
astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

I agree it really takes time and concentration (of course artistic fingers too) to make those really pretty bentos. Me now back to just plain triangle/rectangular sandwiches and pasta with sauce in my kids' lunchboxes. :p

Aces Family said...

Hi Brightsong,

I am like you, sticking to the sandwiches, maybe comes 2009, we will be more motivated when our children starts P1..haha : )

cheers,
astee