Sunday, September 14, 2008

三人行 的 第7个星期天

客人来
Today we had 2 special visitors from Adrian's office. They are Staff Ang and Madam Nala.
They were tasked by MINDEF to give home visit to those men who had been attached on oversea assignment for more than 2 months and Adrian is one of them.

The main purpose of the visit is to check on how is the family getting on since most of them are fairly young couples.

I had known Nala on the many company functions that I had attended with Adrian, so we chatted like old friends. She was happy and commented I am the only “Positive” person that she had visited so far. As a token of appreciation for our effort, the MINDEF had given us some NTUC vouchers.

The only sad new is Adrian 2nd trip leaving mid October will end likely before Chinese New Year 2009, so this mean daddy will not be in town for Christmas and New Year but it's ok since we don't really celebrate these occasions. As long as he's home for Lunar New Year for 团圆,this means more for our family.

弥月之喜
One of my mahjong kaki - Peter's wife recently delivered their 2nd baby. It's a Baby girl and her name is Eunice. Today Peter had a Full Month celebration at his home and we attended the occasion.

What a coincidence – in 2006 when Peter celebrated his son's Full Month, Adrian was on oversea attachment. In 2008, when he celebrates his daughter Full Month, Adrian is also on attachment. Wondering if 2010 will Peter have Baby No. 3...haha.

As usual, I had a good time catching up with the group while Anthea and Anders enjoyed themselves in the children play room. There were a lot of toys. I am really amazed.

After the lunch, we went home to rest till dinner.

中秋之夜 -“月到中秋分外明“.
We had dinner at my parent home. It was the delicious home cooked “海南鸡饭“and my mom did the rice balls. I haven't eaten these kinds of rice balls for a long, long time. I also bought a tube of “南同利” mooncakes for my parents. At my mom's place, I got to sample 李白mooncakes. I think this is the year I get to sample so many different mooncakes from different famous outlets and I am really lucky.

It was raining at dinner time, so I was thinking that we may not be able to make it to the park to carry lanterns. However, after dinner, the rain stop and since it was on our way home, I decided to bring the Anthea and Anders to the park for a quick walk around. The crowd was small and not as busy as last year. Anyway, the children had a bit of good fun. My PIL and 2nd BIL's family joined us for a after dinner walk

It's been another remarkable day for us to be able to meet up with friends and families on such a special day. In just 3 more weeks exactly, daddy will be home.

4 comments:

Angie said...

保持正面的态度和乐观的心情很重要!!我只能在旁继续给你加油!加油加油!

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

对,就是凭这意志 和你们这班 “素未见面好朋友“们的 加油。 我才能坚持到这里。
谢谢你一直以来的鼓励!!

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

wow..didn't know MINDEF is so good..but cruel at the same time to post your hb so soon again after he's back. And the next trip is even longer!

And congrats to Peter and his wife too!

Rgds
Charmaine's mom

Aces Family said...

Hi Charmaine's mom,

This is also the 1st time i get such a visit. Well, at least the family support is not forgotten. : )

Reality is alway cruel in a way ve again in long term, it's beneficial to the family unit. So i will definitely bite through this "bullet"..chinese say "苦尽甘来“..

Take for your congrats!!

cheers,
astee