Saturday, September 27, 2008

"CONNECTED"

Lately, I am hearing this from Anthea:

“I'm blind-folded on this roller coaster they call life.

Keep trying to make it through the next turn, knuckles white and holdin’ tight.
So here I go, takin’ a curve,But I know that I’m never alone.
I think of you, I know you’d never let me go.I feel connected, protected, it's like you’re sitting right with me all the time.
You hear me, you’re near me,And everything else’s gonna be alright.‘
Cause nothin’ can break this, nothin’ can break this, nothin’ can break this time.Connected…connected inside.”

This is none other than the theme song of Barbie Diamond Castle. The lyrics are so meaningful especially at this phase of our Aces Family life. Although Adrian is far away from us but he is still deeply “CONNECTED” with the rest of us at home.

In our daily life, we are doing simple things and yet these are the things that CONNECT us together.

# 1: Breakfast

Since Adrian is on away, our weekend's breakfasts are now all settled with simple breads and to make it interesting. I do shapes for the children. For the 1st time today, we had pancakes for breakfast. The feedback was mixed as usual. Anthea loves her pancakes but Anders still prefers his peanut butter bread.

I tried out the new Hello Kitty and Star shaped frying pans for the pancakes. They turned out good for a 1st timer.


# 2: Lunch

I had been trying my best to prepare lunch for them on weekends, especially Saturday, because of Anthea's Chinese lesson. I am glad so far that we are on time with our Saturday napping routine. Also during lunch time, I shared different discussion topics with the children.

#3: Joy ride/dinners
This evening, our dinner place was Tung Lok Signatures @ Central. So after Anthea's Chinese lesson, we took the MRT from Bishan to Clarke Quay Station. Anthea enjoyed the ride and I am glad that she is very used to the public transport.

Weekends dinners are always time for the children to connect with their grandparents, uncles, aunties and little cousin.

This evening, at the Central mall, there were chains of events happening in relations to F1 event. I believe STB is trying to create a street carnival atmosphere for the tourists.

We even had the chance to see Robin Goh performed and the children were his faithful audiences during his performance.


Another 1 week and Adrian will be home. Moral over there is now high and all of the men are looking forward to coming back to their lovely families as their CONNECTIONS are all here waiting for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my jaw drop when I read what Anthea said!! though its the theme song of barbie, its amazing she remember it so well!

surprise, why no audience for Robin Goh??

1 week is very short..can't wait to see your "teary" reunion..:P

Aces Family said...

hi Mommy Charmaine,

She surprised me too when i hear her sing the song..she can memorise the lyrics even without seeing them..i actually need to google to see the actual word...KIDs are just so amazing.. : )

Hmm..i think not many pple know of his performance. We happened to passby too.. : P

Yes, we are going to be very HAPPY next week.

Thanks,
astee