Thursday, September 11, 2008

LOST & “双黄红莲蓉月饼”

LOST

Yesterday I received a call from the National Library Board. The caller told me that my children library cards were FOUND at the Ang Mo Kio MRT Station. I was very shocked to hear of this as all the while, I had thought that the cards are safe in Anthea's wallet.

I tried to recap when did this could have happen...then it strike me that she could have dropped them on our way out to Suntec City on Sunday.


Anthea kept showing me her old library card and asked me how come I have not thrown it away. I told her I would do it at home. I reckoned that she may have dropped the 2 cards when she took out her old card. I guessed I was too busy watching out for Anders to take note of the cards that was “LOST”.

So I told the caller that I would pick up the cards after work. A lesson learnt and now I put both library cards in another wallet. I will bring this wallet only when we go to the library. We are lucky the person who picked up the cards decided to give them to the Passenger Service counter; otherwise, I will need to pay a penalty for lost cards.

双黄红莲蓉月饼”

Last Saturday,during our family dinner at Intercontinental Hotel , while sampling the snow skin mooncakes. Both my 2nd sister in law and youngest brother in law commented that how come we did not eat the traditional baked skin mooncakes as this is the REAL THINGS. I bought the traditional mooncakes for my parents and thought my extended families whom are more westernised would prefer the snow skin one...but i guess i was wrong on this thought... : P

Luckily, today Intercontinental Hotel came to our office premise to sell the Man Fu Yuan mooncakes at a 30% discount. So how can I miss this GOLDEN OPPOORTUNITY...hehe.

Especially this would be my last chance to buy mooncakes at such discounted price. I bought a box of 2 pieces Lotus Seed Paste with Double Yolk. I remembered my Sister in law love double yolk and since this is only eaten once a year, so we will not be too guilty about putting on the extra calories..right..hee : P

Like I say, it is always a joy when you buy things for people whom are closer to your heart. Hope they will enjoy the mooncakes this weekend.

6 comments:

ML Chai said...

Hi Astee,

I felt so sad that i have NO appetite for mooncakes this year...i think you should know the reason...still puking and puking non-stop!
My favorite is the pure lotus paste and green tea paste, egg yolk is a no no to me. :(

May

Louis & Eve said...

Thanks very much, Dua Erm :)

Hee hee... Louis and I are looking forward to eating the Man Fu Yuan mooncakes.

Hey May, don't feel sad. There's every reason to rejoice. Seriously :) Hope you are feeling better.

Aces Family said...

Hi May,

Don't feel sad as what you are going through is just for the time being, once you are due, you have all the opportunities to eat all you favorite food.

Meanwhile take care and enjoy the process of being "p".. i misses those time but i don't think i can go thru it the 3rd time...haha..: P

cheers,
astee

Aces Family said...

hi Eve,

Hope you guys will like them.

comes next year, we will have to depend on CC to buy liao if both of us are SAHM..hee : P

cheers,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

Astee, think you missed out my last comment.

Wanted to tell you to apply notification of library datedue through sms. Just go to the libary counter to apply for it.

Our family has been saving from paying overdue fines ever since I subscribed for it (foc).

Aces Family said...

Hi Vivien,

Actually i read that comment from you abt the library notification and indeed, i registered for the service.

So far, i kept the receipt and always mindful of the due dates, so far no overdues..haha. : P

astee