Monday, September 29, 2008

F1 "Fever" – Nico Rosberg

Our decision to dine in last evening was the right move. I had the chance to watch the “LIVE” coverage of the F1 race and I was glued to the TV for the 2 hours.

Prior to the race, I was clueless of F1, the only things I relate it to be Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari.

However my view changed after watching my 1st F1 race last night. It's more than just the above 2. It's a test of man's STRENGTH / WITS/ CAPABILITIES.

Looking at how the racers and his team of supports worked together, they drew my greatest admiration. It's man against clock.

Seeing some of the technical mishaps and crashes, it makes me realize how fragile a minute can become. Now I know why so many people become F1 fans.

The race result:

1. Fernando Alfonso – ING Renault
2. Nico Rosberg – Toyota
3. Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes – Benz

This morning in the office, the main topic of discussion was the F1 race. We (ladies) were going “hoo-wah-hah” over how handsome some of these racers are… : P
(Especially ICEMAN, he was so cool...)

Before lunch, one of the colleagues from Brand Management came by to our office to distribute notice that – NICO ROSBERG is coming to our office at 3.45pm for a Meet and Greet session. There will be an autograph session as well.

Our company is one of the official sponsors for his team, so the company managed to arrange for this rare opportunity.

So when it was about 3.30pm. My colleague from Brand Management came over to get some markers for him to do his autograph. We asked her “is he here, should we go to the showroom now?”

She said: “nope, stay in the office; he will be coming by the office.” At this point, we were so excited and can't contain our excitement.

Then suddenly he appeared along the corridor and walked in the direction of the Brand Office, which is just opposite our office.

He came in for a quick chat with the company CFO, then as he was leaving the office to go to the main showroom for the Meet & Greet session. WE caught hold of him for a quick photo shot.

I took him with my 2 colleagues – R & B. R is an overnight F1 fan and B's husband is a F1 fan. Both of them were so happy and guess what? We even printout the photo and got Nico autograph.

The excitement was so high and we were like those teenage girls chasing after their idols, except these are “aunties” chasing after F1 heartthrobs. ..haha.

Although it was only a short 30minutes session, we were truly won over by his boyish smile and cute look.

Think I am converting soon too!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

O you so lucky to be up close with him!!!!

i felt bad for Massa. I can even feel his frustration inside while waiting for his team to pull that "pump" out!

Aces Family said...

hi Mommy Charmaine,

Indeed,it was a real disappointment for Massa team and it was nerve breaking when i saw that happened... : (

I guess that's the reality of F1..: P

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

*Envy* I want to take pic too! Hehehe...
Converting? Mean you rather watch F1 than soccer? Cannot la :) Cannot do that to Liverpool leh.. :)

A Husband's Voice said...

Wow! I didn't know we have so many F1 following mamas! Hahaha

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

LIVERPOOL will be my 1st Love..i will out F1 as No.2...haha.

Cheers,
astee

Aces Family said...

Hi Husband voice,

YEah, thanks to SG govt, there are many overnight converters...Aunties included..haha

cheers,
astee

Idy said...

Nico Rosberg is soooo handsome!!! He caught my eyes when I read about him in the papers... lucky you!

Aces Family said...

hi Idy,

I read on some magazine that mentioned he is look alike of Leonardo Dicaprio, which i more i look, the more he is.. : P

Yes...he is SOOOooo Handsome... : 0

cheers,
astee