Friday, September 05, 2008

My 1st 重庆火锅 & Mama Mia

Today I took ½ day leave for MY OWNSELF.

I had lunch appointment with my long time good friends cum Mahjong kakis (Madeline,LG, Linda and Warren). Our lunch venue was Chong Qing Hot Pot @Suntec Shopping mall. This is my 1st time trying Chong Qing hotpot and I must say the 鸳鸯锅 was a “killer” especially the “麻辣”. LG even joked with us if we wanted to “加辣“,luckily we didn't take his advice. It was an ala carte buffet steamboat, so we just ordered and eat and eat. I really had a good time at lunch.

Usually my meals are always with the children and they tend to distract me a lot especially Anders. So today, I eat with my whole heart and stomach, of course. It was a relaxing and enjoyable lunch and it's been such a long time since I had this kind of experience.

We chatted as we ate our lunch and catches up with each other happenings. I had known this group of friends since my SDS (social development service) days and I am really glad that our friendship lasted so long. Even though some of us are married with families, we still make an effort to meet as and when we can. Most importantly, the STRONG BOND that we had developed during our Mahjong Days just seem to be unbreakable...haha.

We headed for some shopping at Nike Bird shop after a good lunch. I bought for myself a shoe bag and a pair of Nike shoes for Anthea. This is her 1st pair of branded shoes. (Thanks’ god we had good discount from the price tag.) I didn't buy for Anders as can't get anything nice, will shop again when i meet up with Mag.

After shopping, the rest of them headed to Mag house for Mahjong. I drooled with envy but too bad, I can't join them... : P

Last night, I read from Lifestyle magazine that Mama Mia the Movie will be in cinemas on 18 September. I am very excited and likewise, I plan to apply ½ day leave to watch this movie. I had seen this musical 2 times (once in London & once in Singapore). I am totally IN LOVE with the Muscial simply because– I am an ABBA FAN... : )

How can I miss the movie even though the review is not so good, WHO CARES!! As long as i get to listen to all my favorite Songs...haha.


Just wondering if there are any ABBA FANS around ??

5 comments:

Angie said...

i love steamboat too!!麻辣!yum!
i am not an abba fan but a mama mia fan!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I watched Mama Mia musical 2 years ago in esplanade, really enjoy watching it!

ML Chai said...

It's me, May!

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

Glad that u r a MM fan too..: )

Hi May,

Long time nvr see u "online comment", hope u r getting on fine. Take care ya..

cheers,
astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

the last time I ate mala steamboat was preggy with my no.2, I had early contractions (threatened premature delivery) the next day and was hospitalised. But I still like mala and looking forward to eat again soon. :p

Not exactly Abba fan but somehow I enjoy listening to their songs. Nowadays been listening to my kids' favourites, and some Hi-5 songs remind me of Abba!