Thursday, September 25, 2008

“不务正业“

About a week ago, one of my very closed friends (J) from the travel industry called me. She asked me if I wanted to do some temp assignments for her. She knew that I was quitting my job.

She was my mentor when I joined the Travel Agency and she had been a very good leader. All these while we called her “大姐“。

She works in a travel agent that does MICE and so she had many events that required temp staff. The last temp job I assisted her was IMF and it was one of the major event.

As usual, I “itched” to do her assignment because I think there is a Travel BLOOD in me that just LOVE the Travel & Tourism industry. I believe if I am still single with no commitment, I would still be in the trade...hee : P

I took 2 days off from my “正业“to help her in her current project. The main task was to call the participants for the tradeshow to reconfirm their status. At the same time, I did data entry for her.

Her office is located in quite a “ULU Place” but her office setup is very nice. I especially like the pantry. It was so well equipped and they even have a dish washer. Can you imagine a dish washer in a COMPANY Pantry...haha.

Of course, besides getting what I enjoyed most, I am also paid for the assignment. These extra monies come in handy to reimburse my dental treatment which I went on Tuesday.

Recently, the TALK OF THE TOWN is the – MILK thing and Adrian was quite concerned if our family is affected. Thanks God, the children are drinking ABBOTT milk which are products of New Zealand. As for our diaries products, we are not so into all those yoghurt, flavored milk, biscuits, chocolates etcs. So I would think we are not so affected.

Sigh...it's such a terrible situation and we never know what will be recall next.

No comments: