Tuesday, September 23, 2008

13

“Mommy, it's exactly 13 more days and daddy will be home.” Anthea told me while we were walking to childcare. She has been trained at counting down days, especially when we are going on family vacations.

Indeed, we are living in very high morale counting down to Daddy's homecoming. Although it will only be 2 weeks that he will be in Singapore, I know we are going to make full use of the time that we will have with him.

As for Adrian, work is hectic over his end – working like 16 hours a day but I guess when you are counting down to coming home, these long hours will be insignificant to the mind...haha.

Recently on
Singapore Motherhood forum, there was a Bulk purchase on some kitchens stuff. I saw 2 frying pans and thought that they will be useful in preparing some nice breakfast for the children.

Nowadays, for weekend's breakfast, both Anthea and Anders will ask for heart-shaped bread or elephant/pig bread. Then they will enjoy the “animals’ breads. So to add some more varieties to our shapes bread, I ordered a Heart-shape and Hello Kitty frying pans. However, instead of getting a heart shaped pan, I got a Star frying pan, well; I guess it should be fine with the children… : P

The 2 pans cost me $13.80. I am now considering another bulk purchase where there are some many Bentoing stuff...temptation is so great..haha.

My collection of the pans was at Yishun MRT this evening, so after collecting the pans, we took a walk in Northpoint. There was a John Little sale on Pillow/Bolster and I can't resist and ended buying 1 bolster for Adrian. His own bolster is already very OLD, so it's good chance to throw it away.

This weekend, I will wash daddy's mattress cover and prepared for his bed for him. Last Saturday, his blanket had been washed. Adrian always said “nothing beat his own bed/mattress at home.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

13 days is very fast..your kids are really counting down the days of their daddy's return...they really missed him a lot.

Aces Family said...

hi Mommy charmaine,

We are all looking forward to THE DAY..: )

cheers.
astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

I bought a bear pan from kitchen capers www.kitchencapers.net earlier this year. I forgot about it as my kids refuse to eat pancakes. But after seeing your pans, realised it can also be used to make egg omelette? going to try out soon. :)