Wednesday, September 03, 2008

中秋月饼的魅力

The mooncake festival is about 2 weeks away. The company, as usual, had invited a few famous hotels to come to the office premise to sell the mooncakes to the staff.

They are from Raffles hotel, Tung Lok group, Fairmont Singapore, Kia Hiang and Park hotel Singapore. Most of the hotels are giving 25% discount for their mooncakes. Needless to say, we had to make good use of this offer.

With a few other colleagues, we strategized our purchase for Raffles Hotel. We wanted to buy those mini snow-skin mooncake with different flavors – Champagne Truffle & Ganache, Mocha Truffle, Dark Chocolate Crunchy and Orange and walnut. Each box has 8 pieces so we bought 4 boxes of each flavors and mixed them to share. This means we will have 2 of each in 1 box. Clever right...haha.

Then I bought a box of baked mooncake with Pine Nuts, Macadamia Nuts and White Lotus paste for my parents. Last year, I bought this for my mom and she said that they were nice.

At the same time, I shared a box of 4 pieces white lotus with single yolk from Park Hotel Orchard. One of my colleagues took 2 pieces and I had 2. The childcare will be celebrating this festival in school on 12 September and K2 children need to bring 1 Pomelo and nursery to bring 1 mooncake. So I will let Anders bring one of the mooncakes and the remaining one will be for Daddy.

I have checked with the sale person and he mentioned that the baked mooncake can be kept for a month... : P

Just one day and I bought so many mooncake but it's really a joy because you know all these are for the Love Ones to enjoy. 这就是月饼的魅力 !!

2 comments:

Angie said...

i like to eat mooncakes but i am NOT buying because mooncakes are simply too fattening!! :( i cant afford it.

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Well, a small bite should be fine and cont'd with the training after that..haha.

Hmm..mini mooncake make good bento ingredients leh... : P

cheers,
astee