Thursday, October 02, 2008

TWO Good Things

In the morning I went to work as usual and decided to take ½ day off to attend to the Two GOOD things of the DAY :

1. The wedding lunch of Sing Lee & Yeong Ming.

Andrea is just like a sister to me and we had known each other since secondary one. Her family is just like my family, so how can I miss such an important occasion. SL is the youngest sister of Andrea and I had seen her grow up since she was a kid. Now she is getting married and starting her own family.

I arrived at the bride house around 11.40am and they had just finished the Tea Ceremony and were waiting for the buffet lunch to be ready.

I had a good chat with Andrea and her mom. Her mom was very happy that I could be presence and kept introducing me as her “二女儿”. They kept inviting me for the wedding banquet but i rejected as there is no one to take care of Anthea and Anders. Being able to attend the lunch is already good enough for me.

I had a good lunch and it was a very nice family gathering as I can see all the relatives sitting around and chatting happily. For a weekday wedding and yet almost 90% of the relatives had shown for the Tea Ceremony. I would say that her family is closely knitted.

2. My Next Move


I had a job interview arranged by one of the employment agency at 2pm. So I left Andrea house after the lunch and headed to my interview.

About this job - Admin Assistant (Half- day for 5 days week). Location – Novena.


This is my DREAM job and work location.

So I went all prepared for the interview. It went quite well and actually it was more like a chit chat session, rather than interview. None the less, I dare not take it too lightly. When the interview ended, the interviewer mentioned that he will get back to the employment agency by next week for the outcome. I was prepared for any rejection.

In the late afternoon, the consultant called me and asked me on feedbacks on the interview. I told her all the details and to my surprised – she said I had left a good impression to the interviewer and stands a good chance to get the job.

I was happy to hear her comment but again will keep my options open as nothing signed means nothing is confirmed. I will wait till next Monday to get the confirmation.


2 good things happened in a day and I know I can't asked for more...hee : P

Meanwhile I will enjoy my weekends and look forward to daddy's homecoming.

4 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Wish you all the best for your job interview. It really sounds very positive so I do hope you are successful.

Make sure you take lots of photos of tomorrow's reunion with Daddy! I am waiting to see the tears of happiness and joy!

Angie said...

明天把拔回家就是三喜临门啦!

Aces Family said...

hi Meekfreek,

Thanks for the well wishes and we are looking forward to a good reunion.

cheers,
astee

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Indeed it's Triple the joy..although just for 2 weeks.

cheers,
astee