Thursday, October 09, 2008

Club Med Inaugural Getaways

I will be leaving my current job on 31 October and planning to take a week break before starting my new appointment.

I am planning to take a short getaway with Anthea and Anders on the 1st week of November. Adrian will be leaving for his 2nd work trip on 19 October.

I did some research on Club Med as I have heard very positive feedbacks on the resorts. Also we had not been to any Club Med resorts so I thought “why not give it a try.”

One of my colleagues has a personal friend who works in Club Med and she managed to “Connect” us.

When I did the initial enquiry about Club Med Cherating / Bintan. I was recommended by Elaine, the consultant, to go Bintan since I am alone with 2 children. I was happy with her proposal and she gave me the offer package:

This package price show price per person and includes the following:

Return ferry tickets
Accommodation
Sumptuous buffet Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with free flow of red and white wine, beer and beverages during Lunch and Dinner
Bar and Snacking Inclusive **
All sport activities with expert tuition
Kids Club (4 - 11 years)
Travel Insurance - Membership is effective for one year, commencing on the date of payment of deposit. Membership renewal is valid for one year from the date of payment.
Nightly entertainment

The best deal is there is a 50% discount on 2nd person (adult/child). I shared with my families regarding the Special promotion and my Parents in law are confirmed joining us for the getaway.
This will also be our last window of opportunity to go vacationing on our own Free & easy schedule, starting 2009 we will need to follow SCHOOL HOLIDAYS Clubbers...haha.

We are booked and confirmed for our Inaugural Club Med vacation from 2 – 6 November. I told Anthea and Anders about the getaway and they were excited about taking Ferry.

I had been to Bintan many times but this is my (ours) 1st time staying in a Club Med resort. Honestly looking at the kid's club program and the resort facilities, I am quite excited about the trip.

Looking forward to the Sun, Sand and Sea.

9 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

Its so nice to have a family getaway.

Waiting for you to feedback on the trip as for sure, the kids would love the Sun, the Sand and the Sea!

Enjoy yourselves before the next chapter of your working journey!

Anonymous said...

Been there some years back with my eldest..its a great get away and they have great guys entertaining the little ones!

and I must said you are a very BRAVE mom to bring the 2 kids there alone with HB..

Enjoy your holidays!

Astee said...

Hi Vivien,

Will defintely share the getaway experience.

cheers,
astee

Astee said...

Hi Mommy charmaine,

My PIL are joining us for the trip, so i won't be alone with the children.. : )

Hubby has given us his blessing to go ahead with the getaway...hee : P

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Like I said before, you always have good deals for hoilday package! :) Must get advice from you if I ever go holiday and I think it will be a long time....

Enjoy your holiday and pls do blog more about it as I have never been there. Thanks :)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Well, i am always looking for good deals cause cannot go for expensive package...hee.

Understand Club Med is quite family oriented,so i think when BB arrives, your family still can considering going for Getaway, I will definitely share the experience.

cheers,
astee

A Husband's Voice said...

Although I have never been to Club Med but from my friends who had been they have nothing but nice comments from their experiences.

In fact it is supposedly very good for family with children because they will be taken care of with lots of activities while the parents can enjoy themselves doing other adults stuffs.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Aces Family said...

Hi AHV,

Thanks for the potitive feedbacks, i am looking forward to a good holiday. : )

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Hi Astee
I have an award for you :)
http://babieslz.blogspot.com/2008/10/award.html