Friday, October 24, 2008

MY Farewell Lunch

Today my colleagues arranged a farewell lunch for me at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant @ Dempsey hill. (Finally it's my Farewell turn...: P)

It was my 1st time dinning at this restaurant and I enjoyed the food. We were a table of 10 people. We ordered 2 pitchers of Margaritas – one alcoholic and one non-alcoholic. I had the alcoholic one and it was lime margaritas and it was very refreshing.

(my 1st time drinking margaritas at lunch time, luckily my Boss also drank it, so no worries on getting drunk..haha)

My colleague ordered quite a few dishes and we shared the food as each serving was quite generous.

Food ordered:

- Nachos
- Carne Asada - Campestre Completa Para Tados
- Pork canitas
- Fish burritos
- Snapper dish
- Desserts – Brownie, Tiramisu, Banana fritters
-
All the main course had side dishes. Each dish comes with its own sauce which I find quite interesting. Mexican really loves sauces.

I had a good time sampling all the dishes and the sauce and each has its own distinctive taste.

The place was not too crowded for lunch crowd but I heard my colleague said it is fully booked for dinner.

I enjoyed the sumptuous lunch and most important, the companionship. This will be my final lunch with them, especially with my General Manager and another of my colleagues as they will be on business travel next week.
(my General Manager and another HOD)

I am thankful to the lunch and the farewell gift that my colleagues had organized for me. I know I will remember them for a long, long time.

4 comments:

Angie said...

百感交集的一餐吧?

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

说得对- 百感交集。。形容得太恰当了。。:)

astee

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet of your Company! Even the GM attended the farewell party!

It must be really sad to leave such great company, right?

Aces Family said...

Hi Mommy Charmaine,

We are a small department of 6 people, so the relationship is closed and personal.. : )

Sad to leave but like i said, priority is still my family.

cheers,
astee