Sunday, October 26, 2008

快乐周末

On Saturday morning, my farewell gift arrived via local delivery by Takashimaya. It was a 7 pieces WMF cookware. This is the 1st time I own such a branded cookware set...hee : P

2 weeks ago, my colleague who was coordinating the gift told me about the Taka Sale and the WMF cookware was on very special promotion. She asked me if I like to have it as my farewell gift. I thought it was quite a good idea since I am going to be a part time home maker, I will cook more often. Also my current cookwares are quite old, so it was a good chance to change them.

So I went to the sale and checked out the WMF pots and pans. As Adrian also needed something for his induction cooker, so the sauce pan came in handy for him and it's now serving him dutifully.

This is the weekend for our Fairmont Hotel Stay. Thanks to my MIL, we managed to book the room at a very special rate of $140++ and we got complimentary upgraded due to her vouchers.

As this is the Deepavali weekends, we decided to check in on Saturday for the 1 night stay.

After settling my cookware, we left for the MRT to meet my MIL. We were able to check in around 1pm. Our room number was 1728. Both Anthea and Anders was very fascinated with the room and kept playing with the remote control for the windscreen, lights, aircon and the Bose sound system.

Then we proceeded to the Food Court for lunch but to our surprised, the food court was closed for renovation and will open in December 2008. In the end, we had lunch at Sushi Tei.

The children had their afternoon nap after a good lunch. They woke up around 4 pm; my 2nd brother in law's family came by and had their swim by the pool. Anthea and Anders also had a good time by the poolside. The weather was great and we were thankful for the sun as it had been raining since daddy departed for his work trip.

Dinner was at Asia Grand Restaurant at Odeon Towers. It was a very good dinner and we had the house special – Peking duck.

We rested around 10 pm after the families went home. As the children were still quite excited about the stay, we watched Discovery Channel and had a good time. Finally, we slept around 11pm.


This morning, we woke up around 8am and had our breakfast at Toast Box. After resting, we went for a morning swim as requested by both Anthea and Anders.

We checked out around 1pm after lunch at Marina Square food court. My BIL and his wife came by the hotel to fetch us home.

Anthea had requested to settle dinner at home because TV5 is showing High School Musical 2. She does not seem to be tired of watching HSM 1 or 2. She is asking me to bring her to the cinema to watch the movie – High School Musical 3.

It had been nice and relaxing weekends for us and this hotel stay also act as a warm-up packing exercise for me. I will need to pack again this week for our Club Med Bintan trip next Sunday.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I always enjoy the one night hotel stays. clement and I used to look out for hotel offers and book ourselves a room for a weekend. it feels like holidaying w/o having to leave the country. :)

Shiny Stars said...

Yes hotel stay is indeed enjoyable. I always feel that their bed and pillow are so so soft and comfortable!

Happiness is to be with the loved ones....

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

Yes, staying in the hotel is like holidaying w/o going oversea. Quite shiok and relaxing.. : )

Hi Vivien,

Yup, always blessed with Love Ones.. : )

cheers,
astee