Tuesday, October 07, 2008

缘在A 字头

Last week I wrote in for a job which was advertised on Jobstreet by a job agency – Adecco. The consultant in charge of this job is by the name of Angelina Ng.

These few months, I had been trying my luck writing in to various online job advertisements but so far, the result was not too good.

With these experienced in mind, I didn't pin too much hope when I wrote in for this position. However, I was shortlisted by the consultant and went for the job interview last Thursday.

My effort pays off finally. I had been officially offered the job and will start work with my new employer on 10 November 2008. I wanted to take a break before I start work with them.

I went to Adecco to sigh my employment contract yesterday and the offer made to me was better than what I had bargained for.

I am moving from a Dutch MNC to a US MNC, hopefully the culture change will not be too drastic.


My linked with Adecco started in 2004 when they managed to get me a contract job with Garuda Indonesia Airlines after I was retrenched from my previous job. At that time, I was about 7 months pregnant with Anders and to get a job was a real blessing.

It seems liked 4 years later, we are fated to be in partnership again and I am grateful for this opportunity.


I am now looking forward to my DREAM of becoming a Part Time SAHM and be there for Anthea when she starts her Primary School in 2009.

I had a lot support from Adrian when i am pursing this Dream and i really am thankful that he is forever giving me the assurance. Thanks Dear.

Also my families members who has also been giving me words of encourgement when they know about my plan to change job next year.

Of course, to all my blogging friends who had also given me practical advice and some even gave me HOPES when i was feeling down. 谢谢!

眼前所拥有的不是理所当然, 我会好好地珍惜。我真的好幸福.

18 comments:

Angie said...

Congrats!!

stardust said...

Congrats on getting a half-day job so fast! What are the working hours and job scope like?

Louis & Eve said...

Congrats, Astee!

Looks like you will not only be busy with your new job, but also bento-ing for the 2As :)

Am happy for you!

Mommy Lose Weight said...

congrats to u Astee! :)

how is the working hours like? how are you able to juggle to bring Anthea to P1?

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,
very Kam-siah for all the support.

Hi Stardust,
I took almost 6 months to get this DREAM job.. : P

I am doing Admin Support to the Manager.

Yo Eve,
Yes, i am looking forward to the Bento-ing part too.

Hi Ling,
My working hours are 8.30am - 12.30pm. Anthea is in morning session which is from 7.30am to 1pm. So i am just in time to fetch her.. : )

Thanks much,
astee

Mommy Lose Weight said...

Hi Astee, really didnt know that there is such company that offers only 4 hrs of work! is it hourly rated?

next time I will try Adecco! :)

is Anthea's pri sch single session ? if it is, then you have really made it! welcome to PSAHM club! :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Ling,

Yeah, there are companies that want Part Timers either to work morning or afternoon.

I have come across a few who actually offered me afternn but that does not match my requirement.

My renumeration is based on monthly.

Yes, Anthea primary school is SINGLE session, that's one reason why i like it...easier for me to plan my logistics.

I am looking forward to joining the club.

cheers,
astee

Meekfreek said...

Congratulations Astee!
That's really wonderful news. Wish you all the best in your new position.

Aces Family said...

Hi Meekfreek,

Thank so much.. : )

Really grateful to your kind thoughts.

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Hi Astee

Congrats on finding your dream job! :) And the timing is perfect for you!

Shiny Stars said...

Congrats Astee!

Having to find a job that blends well into your schedule is not easy but you GOT IT!

Wow, will try Adecco too when I want to be PSAHM ;p (hahaha they should pay you commission)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yes, i am truely thankful for the job offer.

regards,
astee

Aces Family said...

Hi Vivien,

Thanks and i am glad that i have been given this chance. I know it didn't comes easy.. : P

It will still be another 2 years before you switch, so no need to worry yet..haha.

cheers,
astee

Aces Family said...

Hi Vivien,

Thanks and i am glad that i have been given this chance. I know it didn't comes easy.. : P

It will still be another 2 years before you switch, so no need to worry yet..haha.

cheers,
astee

ML Chai said...

为你感到开心!两全其美。。。

therens said...

hi Astee

jus wanted to give you more moral support on your brave decision to be a PTSAHM. You'll see the results very soon...your children will grow up more confident and happier.

As for the bit on coaching of school work, take it easy in P1. When they hit p2, it's time to "work their butts" literally.

Nel

Aces Family said...

Hi Nel,

Thanks for the moral support. I know i want to be there for them.

Well, as Anthea is going to a neighbourhood school,so need to start early on coaching, cannot be too lax...haha. Just joking, trying to gear her up cos now she is enjoying too much.. : 0

cheers,
astee

therens said...

hi Astee

Yup, it's a good decision to make n a worthwhile sacrifice.

My girl is a a typical neighbourhood school too. Jus make sure they enjoy learning - the passion must not die out.

P2 is no joke! It's so much tougher now to be a kid! Thank God we're all adults!