Saturday, November 01, 2008

Leavings / Club MED...

31 October 2008 will be a special day for me to remember – it is the last day for me at Philips. Luckily for me, few of my department colleagues were either travelling or on leaves, so I was not too emotional at the Leaving hours. I left the office at 5.30pm to go to the PPS to do my exit clearance. Then it was all the way out and no more looking back... : )

I received a very meaningful gift from a colleague from another department. A small notebook with these words:

For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord.
“Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to gives you hope and a future.” Jer 29:11)(NIV)

I am a free thinker and I really appreciate these words of encouragement.
Thank you very much, Jee.

Yesterday was also the day that my parents left for the 45 days 探亲trip to Hainan Island. I will miss my 老爸 home cooked meals and my 老妈 weekdays house cleaning. My mom even asked me if I needed to engage a Part Time cleaner to clean the house. I told her I am the one for the job...haha.

Last evening, we had the chance to do a video conference with Adrian. He is very well, judging from the video and the food they were cooking for lunch – Bak ku teh.
He will be joining a Full day tour to the borders of Lebanese today. I am really happy for him as the 2nd trip seems to have trained him better for the cooking part, especially.

Today is the End of term 交流会for Anthea's 天下lesson. There were simple performances put up by the Nursery/K1/K2 children.

We met up with my PILs for dinner after her class. Then we went home for me to complete my packing for our 5 Days 4 night Club Med Bintan trip.

I am looking forward to a relaxing break and hope the children will have great fun too.

We are off to Club Med Bintan ...till we update again - Selamat tinggal !!

5 comments:

Idy said...

I hope you have had a good trip! Looking forward to your updates :)

Something About Us said...

enjoy yourself! :)

- Ling

LZmommy said...

Your mum is so sweet!

Hope your parents, you and your family have an enjoyable and safe trip :)

LZmommy said...

Astee

I have an award for you :)
http://babieslz.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-love-your-blog-award.html

Anonymous said...

enjoy your break there!