Monday, November 10, 2008

开工“大吉“

This morning I woke up as usual and got myself ready for work. I had to report to work by 8.30am, so I woke the children up around 7.15am. Previously they can sleep till 8am as my previous work starts at 9am.

With the new schedule, our routine also changes. By 8am, Anthea and Anders were in school. Then I set off to work by the MRT. This is also in preparation for Anthea's new routine when she starts Primary School.

I reached my new office around 8.30 am and met up with the HR personal at 9 am for the orientation.

Then around 10am, I waited at the receptionist area for my new Boss to meet up with me to start work.

I waited for almost 1.5 hours and the receptionist mentioned that she still can't locate him. At this moment, the HR personal came in and was surprised to see me still at the lobby area.

So she suggested that I should go home since I am only on ½ day work basis. She said she will contact me again once she hears from my new boss... : )

I left the office at 11.20am. On my way home, I received a call from my Boss. He was apologizing to me profusely. He said that he actually just came back from Geneva and had bought me a box of chocolates, hope this will made up for his forgetfulness..haha. We confirmed on my working hour for tomorrow.

What a “Dramatic” start to my 1st day of work. Nonetheless, I am still looking forward to the new job and new environment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you found yourself a part-time job?

your new boss seems very nice and friendly..

wish you a great working relationship with your new boss and colleagues!

Shiny Stars said...

Hei your boss is so nice!

Hope you settles in your new working environment soon ;p

Aces Family said...

Hi Mommy Charmaine,

Yes, i am now a PTSAHM ..working hours are in the mornings.

Hi Vivien,

My New Boss seem like a nice person from the interview. As for work-related approach, i have yet to know him.. : P

cheers,
astee

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Astee,

All the best at your new work ya?! I hope your new colleagues will be nice and good to you.

The Mrs wants me to ask you for your agency contact cause she is thinking of doing some part-time jobs from home as she is seriously bored.

Thanks in advance.

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

That was indeed a dramatic start. I haven't experienced knocking off that early on the first day, haha. :)

Aces Family said...

Hi AHV,

I believe your Mrs is still under her current employment engagement, is she allow to do PT?

Based on job hunting experience, there are very minmum home based jobs, unless she has Accounts background, cos i know some acctg firm gave home assignments.

Look through Jobstreet/JobsDB online on their Part Time column, i found my job there. : )

Good Luck,

regards,
astee

Aces Family said...

Hi Brightsong,

Yalor..i am really caught by surprised but luckily it's a good one..hee : P

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Looks like you got a nice boss :)
All the best!