Saturday, November 22, 2008

WINX CLUB: THE SECRET OF THE LOST KINGDOM


Anthea has been a Winx Club fan since she was in K1 and in her own girls group in class; I think there is also a “winx club” group. She will usually come back from childcare and tells me who is Flora, who is Techna, who is Blooms etcs.

At our recent movie outing for High School Musical, the cinema show a thriller of the Winx Club movie and Anthea said she wanted to watch it.

Being a 二十四孝妈妈,how can I say NO... : P The game plan started on Saturday morning. While I was reading my newspaper at breakfast, I took a quick glance at the movie showing time in Cathay Cineplex. When I saw the show times, I knew I was spoilt for choices. So I told myself, I will play by ear to see how the schedule goes.

I did my usual household chores, prepared a simple lunch of Hainanese Chicken rice using the premix sauce. Of course, preparing a pot of home cooked soup using my new WMF pot... : )

Then I received a call from my SIL to inform me of the dinner plan of eating steamboat at my MIL's place as some of the aunties were coming over for dinner too.

So this set my game plan – target the 5.05pm Winx Club movie. I didn't tell the children about the movie plan because just in case of any last minute changes.

After lunch, the children had their usual nap. They woke up around 4pm, very good timing. I asked them if they would like to watch a movie before going to 奶奶 house for dinner. They said YES and then we were making a decision on which movie: Winx Club or Madagascar.

After discussion we decided on WINX CLUB. So around 4.45pm we made our way to the Cineplex. We bought the 2 tickets for the 5.05pm show. I used the Civil Service card and bought the weekends Combo deal – 2 tickets include Popcorn and 2 drinks. As usual the cinema was not crowded, so we had the chance to change seats.

The 1 ½ hour show was very engaging and I engaged it as much. Anthea also had a great time. Anders was a bit restless but still managed to sit through, though he kept going to the toilet... : P

The show had a beautiful ending – Bloom finally found her real parents and became the Princess of Domino.

Both Anthea and Anders came out of the cinema feeling very happy and I am glad that we had the chance to watch it too.

Then we headed to my MIL's house for dinner. Both of them were looking forward to seeing their Uncle Kiat again. Matter of fact, Anders was just asking to play with Uncle Kiat on Friday evening when we were out for dinner. They had a rowdy good time with their uncle kiat at my MIL place.

Like Adrian always say: “be careful of what you wish for.”

Wishes do come true, just like DREAMS too... : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girls just went to watch with daddy..they loves it but daddy finds it silly :(

Aces Family said...

hi Mommy charmain,

Yeah, it's the girls thing..so daddy may not understand. Get daddy to watch the DVD/VCD at home, he will understand it better, perhaps..haha

cheers,
astee