Friday, November 21, 2008

毕业典礼 – K2 Graduation Concert 2008

Finally it's the Graduation day for NTUC Childcare K2 classes. The day I had been looking forward to and the day my girl made me a very PROUD mother.

In the morning around 7am, I brought Anthea to her childcare centre for the teachers to do her makeup and change of costume.

Then I went home to see how Anders was as he was still sleeping while we left the house. Thankfully, the neighbor 哥哥was sitting with him at the door when I reached home.

We had a simple breakfast and then got changed and got ready to go to the Graduation ceremony. The venue of the ceremony was Nanyang Polytechnic Auditorium, which is about 10 minutes drive away from our home. So we were in no rush and took our own sweet time.

According to the teachers, this year NTUC organized the ceremony into 2 sessions – morning session 10.30am to 12.30pm and afternoon session – 4.30pm to 6.30pm. In each session, there are about 18 – 19 Centers taking part. In Anthea morning session, there were a total of 381 children graduating.

I bought 3 tickets for the concert as originally my parents were joining me. But due to their China tour trip, they can't make it for the ceremony. So it was just Anders and me .

We reached the auditorium around 10.10am and collected our door gift. For Adrian benefit, I ordered the concert DVD, so that when he's back in SG, he will have the chance to see Anthea in her 方帽子and her performance. We were seated at H 10 – 12 and it was very near to the stage.

At about 10.30am, there were montages of the children preparation shown on the big screen on the stage. It showed all the practice sessions that they had gone through.

Then the 2 hosts started to make the announcements. (English/Chinese Version). The guest of honor was invited on to the stage to make a speech. Then after the speech, it was the moment that all parents were waiting for – seeing their child coming into the auditorium in their “convocation suit” and going on stage to receive their certificate.

When the host announced the arrival of children from AMK2, I was very excited and keep looking at the march in group. Luckily for us, Anthea came in via the side where we were seated. I was so PROUD to see her and she was very happy to see us. I took a few photos of her while she was standing next to us, waiting to go on stage. The children go up to the stage and one of the children will represent the centre to collect the certificates from the GOH. Then they took a group photo with the GOH and their teachers.

Then few selected children from different centre came on stage to do the graduation speech – My Journey in NTUC Childcare. It was like walking down memory lane when they were saying the speech.
(Anthea is the last person standing on the left hand side)

Extract -

“Finally, I am in the 5th year as a senior! I am in K2 now, a year short of primary school.
Hey, I am the oldest and I feel pretty cool, I look around me and I feel I know so much.
I feel so confident with my teachers in touch; NTUC Childcare is the best, of this I can vouch!

And as I step out of my centre's door into the crowd, I am feeling happy and proud.
Even as I shall miss all my friends, principal, teachers and aunties...
I am feeling so excited to learn new things and make new friends...
As I smiled and wave at this K2 concert 2008
Let's cherish our moment now, and celebrate a new tomorrow!!

After the touching speech by the children, the SHOW began – A CELEBRATION OF FRIENDSHIP.

Based on previous experienced in attending graduation concerts, I would assume that children would perform individual items from respective centres. To my greatest surprise, the children from all 18 centers put up ONE BIG stage show of the story. Alot of effort has been put into this stage show especially on all the logistic arrangement for practises and full dress rehearsal. Kudos to all the teachers, aunties and pricipals who made it possible.

The 1 ½ show was really impressive. The children were dressed in different characters for the stories. Anthea and her friends played the role of frogs. Though their performance was pretty short for the whole show. I know they had enjoyed it and I was very PROUD of her performing on stage, without any stage fright.

For the finale, the children all went on stage and sang a song for their teachers – Special Song of Thanks. Honestly I am very thankful that Anthea had 2 Great teachers in her class – Ms Valentine and 罗老师。They had provided very good opportunities to the children. Seeing how Anthea grow since K1 with the centre, I know both the teachers had put in great efforts.

I SAY :”THANK YOU TEACHERS!!”

The very last part of the concert was when all the K2 teachers came into the auditorium and sang “You will be in my Heart”. A very touching song and the lyrics are very meaningful.

Finally after the 2 hours of speech, awards and performance, the ceremony came to an end. Parents were told to remain in the auditorium till the host called out the Centre name, and then we proceeded to the holding area to pick up our child.

Throughout the time, I shed tears of joy because I felt that Anthea had achieved so much in her childcare days. No words can express my feelings but I know these days will bring her forward to the next phase in life.

After the event, one of Anthea's classmates – Lydia's mommy asked me if I would like to join them for lunch and I said ok. We decided to eat at the Drive – thru Macdonald at AMK central since it's near to NYP. Then another classmate – Xiao Xing and her mommy also joined us.

The girls had so much fun at lunch and Anthea was so happy as she hardly had the chance to lunch with her friends in this manners. After lunch, the children played at the big playground area while the parents chatted. It was a very nice impromptu lunch outing and I hope we can keep in touch and the girls will have more chances to meet up, even after they graduated.

亲爱的艾妤,

今天你让妈妈感到好骄傲。虽然只是幼儿园的毕业,但是也算是一种成就。
接下来的学习路会更长,更难,不过妈妈会一直陪你走下去。

永远爱你的妈妈。

7 comments:

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

congrats, Anthea.

Astee - i can understand the feeling of knowing your child has grown up and entering another phase. To me, the preschool to primary school is indeed big changeover for young minds. :)

A Husband's Voice said...

Wow!!! Times have seriously changed!! The kindergarden graduations are so big these days. Concerts with songs and performances some more!! Well Done!!

Aces Family said...

hi Brightsong,

I believe we shared the same sentiment,especially both our eldest is going through the same. : )

hi AHV,

Yes, u said it..times have changed and when it's your turn, it will be even bigger..haha.

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee,

I like the picture of Anthea in her graduation gown. It brought back sweet old memories :)

Your blog is very interesting . . . I enjoyed reading it very much.

It's just like you are here in the office telling us what is going on in your life. We missed you here in the office. Pantry auntie wants me to tell you that she misses you a lot.

You have a new blog fan ;)

Cheers,
Rachel

Aces Family said...

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your compliments and hopefully another 10 - 15 years down the road, we can see our daughters in REAL graduation ceremony.. : )

The blog is especially useful when Adrian is oversea as he can see what is happening on the children on homebased.

Yeah, i misses you guys too !!

Tell aunty i will sure drop in to see her cos she's like a "Mother" to me during my days there.. : )

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Graudation of our little baby never fails to make mommy proud!

And its such nice meaningful graduation speech! The kids will def missed each others..and its up to the parents to help maintain the friendship..which I can only say..tough!

Aces Family said...

hi mommy charmaine,

Yes,every little thing in their life make us proud.. : )

It's not easy to keep in touch,especially they will make new friends too.

cheers,
astee