Thursday, November 20, 2008

守望相助

Having stayed here in our humble home for almost 10 years, we had got to know most of our neighbours very well.

On Wednesday, Anthea needed to report to the childcare centre early in the morning around 7.30am. As they were having the Full Dress rehearsal for the graduation day .

For tomorrow morning, the teacher advised us to send the child to the centre at 7am. I am a bit worried because I do not want to drag Anders out of bed so early, i.e.: 6.15am.

So I went over to one of my neighbor house and asked them for their morning help. In case if Anders wakes up early, I will bring him along to the centre to drop Anthea off. The childcare is closed for tomorrow for the Graduation Ceremony. However, if Anders is still asleep at the time we are leaving the house, I have asked my neighbor to watch over him.

This family is very helpful and readily agreed to my request. At this kind of situation, I realized the importance of a good neighborhood –“远亲不如近居”.

This morning when I opened the door to pick up the newspaper, I saw my neighbor (the aunty) watering our one and only plant. I know she had been watering it for some times because I noticed the floor was wet in the morning. She even volunteered to help me sew Anthea name tag on her uniforms, she works as seamstress.

Their son just completed his PSLE from TGPS, so he is actually a senior to Anthea. Both Anthea and Anders always had fun playing with the 哥哥。

Although we stay in HDB but having such good neighbors is really what we cannot take for granted.

谢谢左邻右舍们的守望相助 的精神!!

5 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

Good neighbours are hard to find these days...

In times of needs, neighbour's help is really greatly appreciated.

Neighbours..they also played an important role when coming to house selection ;p See how important they are!

A Husband's Voice said...

Actually I feel that it is with HDB that you get along better with neighbours.

Maybe I'm wrong but people living in condo tend to be more reserved.

LZmommy said...

You neighbours are so nice... Wish all my neighbours are as nice as yours. I realised when we have kids, neighbours tend to talk more to us. Is it the same for you? :)

Anonymous said...

such good neighbours!! you are lucky..

Aces Family said...

hi Vivien,

Yes, when looking for new house, usually we will also see how the neighbours are.. : )

Hi AHV,

I do agreed with you. Pple staying in condo usually practise CLOSED DOORS concept.

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, usually when there are children in the household, it's easier to interact. Even those house without chdren will also chat when they see the kids.

Hi mommy Charmaine,

We are very lucky indeed.. : )
I know i can't take it for granted.

cheers,
astee