Thursday, November 13, 2008

Anthea School Uniforms and Books

On Tuesday, my new Boss told me that he will be working for home on Thursday. I have the option to go to the office or not to go in. so after discussion with him, I decided to be off on Thursday and work Full Day on Friday.

This current flexi working hours is really a blessing as I can go around my own household chores and gym routine at my own schedules.

Today TGPS is having school uniforms and school textbooks for sale. After listening to experienced mommies advices, I decided to go and buy all the stuff since I am off.

In the morning, before bringing Anthea and Anders to childcare, we went by to TGPS to buy her school uniforms. I needed Anthea to be there, in order to buy the right sizes. Her name tags are also ready.

I bought the followings:

- 3 sets of school uniforms
- 1 set PE attire
- 1 set house attire
- 3 pairs of school socks with School Initial
- A pair of black shoes
- Her name tags (6 pieces)

The total amount spent on her school uniforms were
$85.90.

When I had settled the children in childcare, I decided to go back to the school to buy her textbooks. I had done some research on prices of the textbooks and discovered that it is still more economical to buy from the school vendor – pacific bookstores.

I bought all her textbooks/workbooks/homework books and all the compulsory items on the book list. They were all nicely packed into a big box. Total amount spent on the books were
$112.15.

It was the right decision to buy her stuff today as there was no one in the Q. The uniform vendor was so nice that she even let Anthea tried on the size. She said this will not be possible if I buy on next Monday, the Orientation Day. Luckily TGPS has pre-arranged a few dates on the sale of uniforms/books, so that parents can arrange to buy them at different dates/timing. Otherwise, next Monday will be a mad rush to Q here and there.

I am really excited and look forward to next Monday orientation. I hope Anthea will like her new school and new friends.

10 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

Wow your boss is really really nice!

Anthea must be excited to wear her uniforms and wrapped up her books ;p

Take a picture of her in her uniform and post up here ya.

Angie said...

so exciting!!! all the best, anthea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, have been reading your blog for a while. Envy your luck for able to find a flexible working hr job. I requested to work 4 days week twice but got rejected. Do you mind to let me know which recuitment agency did you go through?

Warm regards,
Pris

Joyce Long said...

This must be really exciting for Anthea..surely she can't wait to go to school next year..

Lydia said...

Hi Astee,

The uniform looks nice, I bet your girl will look smart in it! So happy for you for the new part-time job with such flexi working hours :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, so fast ya, anthea is going to P1 so soon....and having a good flexi job is indeed good.

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

Ee Zen went for orientation and we got his name tags, uniforms and books well before that. Yes, it looked like mad rush during orientation!

I've a silly question (because I forgot to ask the teacher), which side do we sew the name tag, the left corner or right corner? Below the school crest or above? :p

Anonymous said...

Isn;t it a very exsciting time for mommy!! I can still remember the excitement when my eldest goes to Pri school last year...

She knows her House already? that's fast! and I see a something new among those textbook..what's the green coloured one?

LZmommy said...

It is so exciting for both mommy & Anthea! :) Hope Anthea will have good teachers and classmates :)

Aces Family said...

hi Vivien,

I bought all the covers already.. : ) Once she is in uniforms, will take pic of her.

Thanks, Angie.

Hi Priscilla,

Thanks for dropping in my blog. Yes,it was really luck that i found my PT job.

I would encourage you to look at JOBSDB and Jobstreet Online website. They have many openings from diff agencies. Don't rely on one agent.

Good Luck too!!

Hi Joyce,

We are all excited and looking forward.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your well wishes.

Hey Jean,

Time really flies and soon Anders will be in Primary school too.. : )

Hi Brightsong,

I heard from the clerk that during orientation, they will give info on where to sew the name tag, Anthea orientation is coming monday. I was observing those sch students and their tags are sew below the sch crescent. Same side as the pocket.

Hi Mommy Charmaine,

The green color is their new edition of english handwriting book.

Hi LZmommy,

Yes, i am hoping the same for anthea.

cheers to all,
astee