Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wok Of Life...


Last Sunday on the Sunday Times – Lifestyle section, there was an article about stalls that are selling high class dishes at Zi Char prices and this caught my attention.

The article mentioned a total of 8 Zi Char stalls and to my greatest surprise – one of them – Golden Sands Seafood is in Ang Mo Kio and it is pretty near to my house.



Golden Sands Seafood
Block 215, Ang Mo Kio Street 22,
#01-877
Tel: 9029-9608
Open: 5pm to 12.30am daily

I told my 大哥about this Zi Char outlet during our Sunday lunch outing and he said we can go and try it out for dinner on this weekday. 说吃就去吃。。。So last evening I invited my Parent in Laws to join us for dinner at this stall and they readily agreed.

My PILs came by to fetch the children and myself as they were on their way back from work; we met up with my 大哥 at the coffee shop. When we arrived the place around 6.45pm, it was pretty quiet. Initially I was worried it may be crowded due to the write up.

We got our seats and started to order the food. The article had recommended 2 dishes – Kailan Leaves and Steam Fish with celery sauce, which we didn't order...haha.

We ordered the other chef recommendations:
- 南乳排骨
- 香酥鸭
- 带子西兰花
- 酸甜鱼片
- “老鼠粉” (claypot style)

The dishes were all very delicious and all of us enjoyed the dinner. I think the best dish was the Pork ribs. It was really fried to the taste and the meat was still very tender on the inside. This is the 1st time I enjoyed such a dish...even now as I typed, the taste still linger in my mouth...haha.

During dinner, we had a good chat. My brother was asking my PILs about their career path and asked if they had changed their jobs before. Both my In-laws had served their ministries since they started working. My MIL said she had been in the nursing industry for 44 years. That is a very long time and I know till now, she still has great passion for her job. That's why the company offered her the 2nd career opportunity.

Then my FIL asked me about Adrian situation and I mentioned to him about the stress on the upcoming interview. My FIl gave me his words of wisdom. He said: “tell Adrian don't be stressed, it is all fixed. The interview is just a formality.”

Honestly, after hearing what he said, I think it does make sense and I emailed Adrian of my FIL words. Of course, we won't know if the fixture is for better but we shall not take for granted.

Adrian was very appreciative of all the encouragement that he is receiving from home and from his mentor. He said he felt better and will try his best for the interview this Friday.

In his own words:
“Nevertheless, it is also silly to go down without a fight. If I didn't make it after putting up a fight, at least I know I tried my very best. I don't know if I can withstand some more mental pressure but I will fight on.”

Well, if Zi Char stalls can offer high class dishes at Zi Char prices, I believe Adrian can do the same for his interview. ..haha.

Life is like a wok...you will use your best ingredients (knowledge) to cook up a good meal for your love ones... (achieving a higher altitute in your work life)..福满人间!!

2 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

Astee, well said....Life is like a wok...you will use your best ingredients (knowledge) to cook up a good meal for your love ones... (achieving a higher altitute in your work life)..

Thank you...I will remember this sentence and motivate myself whenever I feel down!

Indeed, if one never try, one will neva know...at least we give it a GO!

Best of luck!

Aces Family said...

Hi Vivien,

Yes indeed, no matter how bad the situation is, at least we tried.

cheers,
astee