Friday, January 30, 2009

Her 1st Watch & His 1st Fall

This week beside busy celebrating Lunar New Year, Anthea was also busy learning for her spellings test for both her tuition class and her school.

Yesterday she was tested on both the spellings. For her tuition lesson, she made a careless mistake, so she missed the full mark by 1 point. Her score was 19/20. Anyway, she had tried her best, so I still gave her my praises and at the same time, told her to be more careful.

Today she came home and told me a piece of good news – she said she had full marks for both her school spellings. One was tested last Thursday and one was tested yesterday. She had 10/10 for both of them.

I was very happy with her scores and told her that her hard work had reaped the good results. I reminded her that she must keep up the good effort in her studies. As a result of her good score, Adrian and I decided to give her a small reward. She said she wanted a watch.

After discussion with Adrian, we think that it’s a good time for her to have a watch to wear to school. This will help her to learn more about time.

In the evening as we were heading out for dinner, Adrian mentioned that my In-laws were having dinner @ Botak Jones, so we went over to join them. Anthea shared with my parent in laws of her spelling results. My father in law was very pleased and asked her what she wants as a reward. She said a watch and my FIL said he will get one for her.

So after dinner, we went to AMK HUB with my In Laws and Anthea managed to chose a Casio watch for herself. We decided on a basic and reasonable priced watch as we don’t want her to buy anything too expensive for fear of losing it.

She is now a proud owner of a watch and is happily reading the time to everyone at home…haha. She is our Time Keeper.

Anders is also adjusting well to the new routine and his K1 Class. Basically, most of his friends are the same from his nursery class, so everything is pretty much the same, except for his new teachers.

My only worry about him is he is still very much a “Cry Baby” which I really hope that he can outgrow it fast. Adrian said he is a “SNAB” – sensitive new age boy. At times, I am really at my wits end of how to handle his emotion. I have tried telling him over and over again but his tears is like tap…once it turn on…it goes non-stop..Sigh.

I just hope that he will understand that tears do not help to solve the issue and he need to learn to manage his tears.

This evening after buying the watch, we were walking home from the HUB. Anders was walking next to Anthea. Suddenly his left leg felt into the small drain by the side of the walkway. He had bruises all over his lower left leg. He was crying in pain. Lucky it is only small scratches and I told him to be more careful next time.Now he is ok and happily playing with his game boy.

We had started a new ruling on playing game boy – No playing from Monday to Friday, only can play on Saturday and Sunday. Anders had been playing too much game boy and I told Adrian that he may become too addicted. So we decided to set the new rules on playing the game boy. So far he is following the new ruling quite well.

Looking forward to another weekends of gatherings.

2 comments:

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

I feel boys are more emotional and tend to be more attached to parents when young. Ee Zen is still a crybaby when faced with problems.

Haha, I imposed the weekday gameboy ban on my boy too, since last month. He has been taking it ok, now, I may also need to ration his OKTO TV program time, else he would forget to prepare his schoolwork! :p

Angie said...

well done, antheas!