Sunday, January 11, 2009

Birthdays Weekends

Our 2nd week of the New Year is basically Birthdays Celebrations.

We had 2 birthdays’ celebrations over Saturday and Sunday.

Coincidentally my 大哥 birthday and Cindy’s son Angus birthday falls on the same date – 11 January. This year, Cindy had organized a birthday celebration for Angus’s 7th year old birthday on Sunday, 11 January.

So I managed to organize a family lunch birthday celebration for my brother on Saturday. We were supposed to have dim sum lunch at Old Hong Kong in Novena Square 2. Before we arrived at the restaurant, I think there was some misunderstanding of my lunch reservation and my brother was not happy about it. So we changed the lunch place to Ichiban Boshi at Square 1.

We had an enjoyable Japanese lunch with my brother and my parents. I bought a Four Season Durian cake for his birthday. However after lunch, my brother said we were all too full for cake, so we brought the cake home to portion it. My brother and parents had the cake at home and they said it was very good.

Glad that they enjoyed the lunch and cake, even though we didn’t get to eat at our original planned restaurant.. : P

Cindy celebrated Angus’s birthday at her home function room. Before going to her place, we went by to Kiddy Palace in Toa Payoh to change the birthday boy’s present. Cindy had mentioned to me that Angus would like a Bakugan Toy, so we had bought it on Friday evening. Then after some sms-ing with Cindy, then I realized that there are 2 sizes for the toy and apparently we bought the BIG ONE and Angus had the play board for the SMALL ONE… : P

We arrived at the birthday place around 1.15pm and Angus was busy entertaining some of his friends. He came over to say hello to Anthea and Anders. Angus also started Primary 1 this year in ACS and there was another girl who is in P1 in MGS. So the few P1 mommies kept exchanging information.

We had buffet lunch and the spread was delicious. Then at 2.30pm, there was a Magic Show by That Magical Party and the children had an hour of fun with all the magic and jokes. The magician was very fun and good with children. The theme of the show was Ben 10; I believe this is Angus’s favorite. Anthea and Anders had fun watching the show.

The cake cutting followed after the show and Angus had a Ben 10 cake. After eating the cake, the children played for a while more and then we headed home for their afternoon nap.



While they were napping, I prepared dinner. I cooked a pot of stewed chicken with ginger for dinner and Adrian prepared a pumpkin soup. It was a simple home cooked dinner and we enjoyed the dinner as a family. Anthe loves the pumpkin soup so much that she had 3 servings. For dessert, we had the durian cake.

It has been an eventful birthday weekends for us and now we are looking forward to our Reunion Dinners in just 2 weeks time.

5 comments:

blurblur said...

I guess boys this age are all crazy over Ben 10 and Bakugan..hehe.. :P

Pumpkin soup! My boys love them too...but I don't know how to cook hee hee...mum is the one who prepares it! I ought to learn since it's their fav... :P

Aces Family said...

hi Blurblur,

Yeah, Boys are all the same..haha.

For the pumpkin soup, actually now there is a very easy recipe..so you can try. The supermarket now sell ready made pumpkin puree...: P

cheers,
astee

Angie said...

durian cake from four seasons?! hmmm.. i am going to note it down. :)

Shiny Stars said...

Yes I agree boys at this age is really crazy over Ben 10! My son is so into it!

Wow teach me how to make pumpkin soup leh...is it those sticky concentrated type puree?

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Yes, if u happen to come by to AMK Hub, must try!!

Hi Vivien,

yeah, tell me about it man..haha.

Yes, the canned pumpkin is those thick puree, all you need to do is add chicken stock and "da-dang" : PUMPKIN Soup...haha easy right : P

Credit a little to hubby, he added hazelnuts and a bit of scallop, according to the recipe.

cheers,
astee