Tuesday, January 27, 2009

喜气洋洋

大年初一 :

Our 1st stop for Chinese New Year was my parents in law house. After a good breakfast, we changed and went over to their home. Both Anthea and Anders greeted my In-laws with their “新年快乐“和 “恭喜发财”。

We had fun chatting around and playing with our little niece. As my 2nd BIL was resting at home after his knee operation. My 2nd SIL brought my niece over to 拜年 and she went home to take care of my BIL. My little niece was having a good time with the music and she loves to groove to the songs.

After that, we went over to my parents place to 拜年 and we had a nice lunch there. At the same time, my 1st uncle also came over to my parents place and we managed to catch up a little on the progress of my cousin who is studying oversea. She will be back this weekend.

Then we left my parents place and went home to rest. The children had their usual power nap.

Something happen during the nap time – while I was hanging the children clothes out to dry; Anthea ran urgently to me and show me something in her hand. It was her FRONT TOOTH. It has finally dropped out….haha. She is now officially “无牙” and what a way to start her New Year.. : P

In the evening, we went to Shangri La hotel. My parents in law had a room booked by my youngest BIL. He had some free nights stay with the hotel, so they decided to use it on Chinese New Year day for my In Laws.

The room was fantastic as it was very spacious and also they had a pool facing room. The balcony was so big that we joked that we can camp over night with a sleeping bag..haha.

The children went for a quick swim at the swimming pool. They had fun playing with Uncle Wenyi. After ½ hour of swim, we went back to the room to change and got ready for dinner with my In laws and 2 of the aunties. My youngest BIL and SIL also came by to join us after their visits.

We had dinner at Spaghettis at Tanglin Mall and the adjourned to Coffee Club at Forum for dessert and coffee. It was pretty relaxing and we had a good time chatting with the aunties. Both Anthea and Anders misses Uncle Kiat and I told them we will try to visit him when he is back from his Thailand holiday.

We called it a night around 10pm and headed home to rest.

大年初二 :

In the morning, we had no visits plan, so we thought we will just rest and relax till the afternoon. I received a lunch invitation from my 大哥 and we had Tim Sum lunch at Sze Chuan Court @ Fairmont Singapore. It was a very sumptuous lunch.

After lunch we walked around the mall. Adrian had planned to get something from Billabong but the shop was closed. So we went market place to stock up some groceries. After that we went home for the children power nap.

In the evening, we went over to my 1st uncle house. Anthea and Anders get the chance to meet with all the 舅公,舅婆,表哥& 表妹。Anthea and Anders had a chance to play football with my cousin twins – Samuel & Daniel. Anthea said they lost the match to the twins, score was 2 – 7. Great to hear that they had fun.

Another good new in the pipe line, one of cousin – Jun Ru is expecting her 1st baby boy and she will be due end February 2009. I am so happy to see new addition to the family. This OX year seem to be full of Baby BOYS...haha.

I had good time chatting up with all my cousins. It’s a very good reunion as we only get to see one another on this day.

Dinner was at my uncle house. As usual, my 大舅母 will cook up a storm for all and we had a round of Lo Hei too.

After dinner, we went home. Anthea and Anders were very happy and said they like 舅公家 very much. As it will be a school day tomorrow, we had an early night.

It has been a good 2 days of Chinese New Year and looking forward to more gathering on weekends..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you and family!

And congrats to your cousin, Jun Ru!

Aces Family said...

hi mommy charmaine,

Thank you for your well wishes..

Happy New Year to your family too

cheers,
astee