Friday, January 02, 2009

1st Day of School...

Today is Anthea 1st day in Primary School and I took a day off as I want to witness the special moment. Adrian is also on leave and he was tasked to stay home with Anders as he was still sleeping.

In the morning, I woke Anthea up at 6.30 am as planned. She had her breakfast and then took a quick shower and changed. We left home around 7.15am and reached school within 5 minutes walk.

When we reached school, the Primary 1 children were all lead to their respective classrooms, they need not go for the morning assembly. The form teacher and language teacher were in the classrooms with the children. When school started, all the parents were looking into the classrooms to see how their child was faring. I must say, children these days no longer wept on their 1st day of Primary School like my generation used to. Most of them were quite well settled.

I took a quick look into the class to check on Anthea, she did well too. No sign of tears or fears. I am proud of her performance. Seeing that she was fine, I went home to check on Anders. He had waked up and finished his milk. He asked about Anthea and I told him she is in primary school. He had breakfast and then Adrian sent him to the childcare.

Around 9.15am, I walked over to the primary school as the recess time was scheduled at 9.30am. I had packed a Bento for Anthea. It has her all time favorite Ham & Cheese bread, apples and a small portion of her potatoes ham bread.

At 9.30am, the primary one child started coming in to the canteen and they were buddy by the older children. They were seated according to their classes, so it would be easier for the parents to spot their own child.

I saw Anthea walked into the canteen with her buddy. They seated in their section and she started eating her bento snacks. After her food, she went to line up and bought a packet of drink. When she was done, the buddy brought her to wash her hands and they went back to the hall to assemble.

When recess was over, I went home and settled some housework. Adrian had volunteered to cook lunch and he was busy in the kitchen.

At 12.45pm, I walked over to the school gate to wait for Anthea’s dismissal from school. When I reached the gate, I saw many parents were waiting anxiously for their child. I saw Anthea when I reached the gate and I fetched her home.

While walking on the way home, Anthea told me about her 1st day in school and she said she was very happy and is looking forward to Monday School. I am really happy to hear of her thoughts and I am glad she is settling well for the moment.

In the evening, we had dinner with my parents and elder brother at Long Beach seafood @ Dempsey road. It was a very good dinner and Anthea had the chance to share her 1st day experienced in school with 阿公,阿婆 and 大舅. After dinner, we had a good time chilling out at one of the Pub and then we headed home to rest.

It has been a good day for us and I hope the rest of the school year will be smooth sailing for Anthea.

10 comments:

Angie said...

well done!!

glad that anthea is doing so fine!!

wolfgirl said...

Well done!

I guess it is more exciting for you than Anthea... bet there are butterflies in your tummy too...

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

a pat on the back for Anthea. :)) guess kids nowadays are more exposed to new environment and friends, that's why they are braver than our generation. Though Ee Zen is braver now, he used to fuss on the first few days of kindergarten and chilcare!

Idy said...

Well done, Anthea! Your mummy is so proud of you :)

LZmommy said...

Anthea did so well for the 1st day of school! :) Well done Anthea!

therens said...

hi Astee

Isn't it exciting to be present for their 1st Day of Primary school? Definitely a Kodak moment for all of us mommies.

Time flies and it is now Nic's turn to be the buddy to the P1s.

Nel.

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie, Idy, LZmommy,

Thanks for your wishes!!

Hey Wolfgirl,

Thanks for dropping in my blog and your kind comment, i have been reading Rain-ing too.. : )

Hi Brightsong,

Yes, children are more exposed nowadays,so as parents, we also need to be extra careful.

Hi Nel,

Time passes so fast, now Nic is already a buddy...so amazing. I think the older are doing a good jobs in their budding..: )

cheers,
astee

blurblur said...

Hi drop by via LZMommy's blog..my boy is in P1 this year too..and he was weepy on his first day..haha..your girl is very steady huh..but like what you said, kids these days don't cry easily already.. :)Hope we can share our experience through the years.. :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Blurblur,

Thanks for dropping in..and glad to find another P1 mommy.

Yes,we can share our child growing years experienced and learnt from one another...: )

Cheers,
astee

Blessed mum said...

glad Anthea adapt to school o well and enjoys it!