Saturday, January 17, 2009

第一次:汉语拼音听写

This is a week of 拼音听写 for Anthea. In her K2 enrichment classes, she did 汉字听写before; however, this is the 1st time she is doing the汉语拼音听写.

On Wednesday, it was her enrichment class spelling and she was tested on 6 words. Before the spelling, I did a few revisions with her and she managed to understand the spelling. On the actual day, I told her to just do her best and do like what we revised.

After the class, when I asked her how her spelling was, she said: “mommy, later when we are home, I have a surprise for you and papa.” Judging by her tone, I think she did well. : P

When we reached home, she showed us her spelling list and she managed a full score for her 1st attempt 12/12. Both Adrian and myself are proud of her and we gave her our praises. Amid the joy, we also told her to keep her good work and not let this overwhelmed her.

On Thursday, she has her school 拼音听写 which I also did revision with her. In comparison, her school 听写 is much easier but we do not take thing for granted.

On Friday, while checking her school diary, I saw that she was supposed to let me sign her Chinese spelling. I took out her list to see how she fares for the spelling. I was very happy because she had a full score of 10/10.

I am really happy till today, anthea is enjoying her 2nd language lesson, both in the enrichment school and her Primary school. I hope this will build up her love and interest for 华语。

4 comments:

blurblur said...

Well done, Anthea!! :)

Damien is taking his first han yu pin yin spelling this Thursday...I wonder how he'll fare..hehe.. :P

Aces Family said...

Hi BB,

You just need to do constant revision with Damien and i believe he will do just as well.

Practise makes perfect.

Good Luck,

astee

Anonymous said...

hanyupinyin is easy for the kids..unlike our time. The real challenge will come in the 2nd sem when they are required to know the chinese characters..I praying hard Charmaine can cope with that.

Aces Family said...

hi mommy charmaine,

yeah, must learn the pin yin well, so the next step will be easier..

Charmaine is still doing her Tien Hsia class ? I think it helps.

cheers,
astee