Sunday, January 04, 2009

有心就好

On Friday while having dinner with my parents and eldest brother, I casually mentioned to them about Adrian cooking Pineapple rice for the families dinner on New Year Day.

Then I told my 大哥 that Adrian would like to cook his pineapple rice for 老爸and 老妈to try, I jokingly said that my 老爸will “笑掉他的假牙“if he ate the pineapple rice.

To my surprise, my brother told me “最重要是有心就好“, the food need not be especially nice or whatever.

After listening to him, I know he is very right with his words. I am ashamed to a certain extent for doubting my dearest sincerity to cook for my family… : P

On Saturday, Adrian went marketing and cooked the Hainanese chicken rice. After cooking it, he said he want to bring it over to my 2nd BIL place for their lunch. I helped him to pack up the rice and he brought it over to them.

Today he cooked Thai Red curry and Prawn noodles for lunch. We went over to my 3rd BIL place and ate with them the curry.

So far everyone in the families is enjoying his food and I know I will not stop him from cooking, as long as he has the HEART towards it.

These 2 days I had been busy looking around the AMK HUB for girl’s singlet for Anthea and it was so difficult to get them.

Luckily this morning at the wet market, there was a cart that sells children clothing and the lady has stock of girl’s singlet, I quickly bought them.

Her school uniform is white so I thought it would be good for her to wear a singlet underneath. Matter of fact, she already wore it on day 1 of school and she is fine with it.

Adrian will be attending a relative wedding dinner with my In-laws. I decided that children and me will not go as Anthea need to wake up early for school. With our new routine, Sunday night will be early night out for us.

Looking forward to day 2 of school tomorrow....

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Hey Astee,

Your husband can really cook huh? H. chicken rice and Thai Red curry and what have you?? It's so hard to come by a man who loves to cook, I envy you leh :)

Aces Family said...

hi Lydia,

Hmm..i am not sure how long will this enthusiasm last..cos hubby just came back fm a few month oversea work attachment. He is displaying his survival skills..haha.

cheers,
astee