Sunday, January 18, 2009

开心餐

Ever since Anthea started Primary School, our Sunday dinner routine also changed a little. We used to eat with our extended families on weekends but now we will try to cook and eat at home on Sunday evening.

The main reason is Anthea is in the morning session and I would prefer her to sleep early, says around 9.30pm on Sunday nights. I know if we were to go out for dinner, we will usually ended up reaching home around 10pm. Plus all the mad rush to go out for a dinner… : P

Last Sunday, I managed to cook a pot of stew chicken and the family enjoyed it. After feedback to my ex-colleague of the good response, she shared with me more easy to cook recipe. For this evening dinner, I prepared the oven baked chicken wings.

Guess what? The recipe required me to POUND the ginger and garlic together. After watching 小娘惹, I understand the importance of pounding…haha. However, I don’t have a “pounder” at home, so I borrowed it from a neighbor. Luckily she had one…hee.

So I did IT – I pounded the ginger and garlic together and while pounding, the 香味of the ingredients sent a sweet sensation to my nose.

Adrian had volunteered to cook the main course – stir fry noodle. This was another dish he learnt while working on his detachment.

Our dinner was – home cooked 莲藕排骨汤, oven baked chicken wings and a fried noodle. It was a simple meal and yet we had a good time at dinner, especially the bonding time that we had as a Family.

开心餐吃了好开心,虽然是简单的一餐。。。

8 comments:

Clement said...

Gosh, nw i'm having serious cravings for a nibble....

Aces Family said...

Hi Clement,

You get nice bentos everyday liao...hee : P

cheers,
astee

blurblur said...

i love stew chicken!! And your food makes me hungry..hehe.. :P

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

Share your stew chicken recipe, ok? I have been thinking to get that "pounder" for a very long time. Can't seem to find it around. Yes, I agree, my trusty "penang food receipe book" says traditional recipes need the "pounder" :).

Aces Family said...

Hi BB,

I believe you can also cook the stew chicken, it is easy.

Hi Brightsong,

I will email the recipe to your email. Hope you enjoy it.

Actually talking abt the "Pounder", b4 Little Nonya, i see a lot at the Market stall but after the show, it seem to run out of stock..haha...so must wait for new arrivals.

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

That was so sweet of Adrian to help out with the cooking :)

You know, I have the pounder for a long time but never use it :p

Astee said...

Hi LZmommy,

He is practising what he learnt from his oversea detachment..so i am enjoying it as well.

Yes, my neighbour also said she seldom used it and asked me not to buy, if need to, just borrow from her..haha.

cheers,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

Wow you made me hungry!

Can teach me how to make stew chicken? My boys simply love chicken!