Thursday, October 25, 2007

Where do i GO from HERE

I am on the CROSS ROAD…

Few week back, out of frustration, I wrote in for a Frontline position.

Reasons why I wrote in for the position:

1. Work location is where I have been dreaming about. (Direct at MRT)

2. Working hours meet my requirement ( 9am to 5.30pm)

The agency called me and I went for the interview. The session was quite terrifying as the potential employer stressed on PUNTCUALITY. I know this may be a bit tough for me, especially my morning hours are always a “mad rush”.

After the interview, I thought I would not get the job. So I did not think about it.

Last Friday, the agency asked me to call in to the HR Manager for a phone interview. The reason was she was not around when I went for the 1st round of interview.

Anyway, I called her and we had a nice friendly chat.

Yesterday, I received an email from the agency on the job offer. The offer is about 30% increase from my current salary.

Now I am in a dilemma, as much as I would like to take on the new job. I have some reservation that is holding me back…sigh!!

a) The job is on a contract term, so benefit wise, it is not comprehensive. According to the agency, usually the company will add on once I join them, however, this is not GURANTEED.

b) Must report to work 10 minutes before 9 am..Gosh…I am really worried about my mornings.

c) Lunch time exercise – now that I am happily enjoying my lunch time exercise regime, I am worried I may miss this if I join the new company, though the new location also does has a big gym outlet.

Time to sit down and put on my thinking cap and consider really….CAREFULLY.

4 comments:

Angie said...

ALL THE BEST!!!

happypig said...

hi, Astee, you've been tagged!

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, usually the increment is high for a contractual job. Because there is no other good benefit for staff. So to me, unless you really dislike the current job and needed more financially support, then there is no need to fret over this which you have your worries :)

Just my 2-cents worth thoughts.

Astee said...

Hi Jean,

Indeed, you are right about the benefit.

All these while, i have been spoiled with company benefit,so i think this is a must.

Yeah, i will not fret over this...thanks for sharing.

astee