Saturday, October 20, 2007

Cheesetarts & Meeting Tom

In the morning, after settling lunch for the children, i went to NTUC Extra to get some ingredients for my 1st attempt to bake Blueberry Cheesetarts.

Since the last time i baked muffins, i have been thinking to do cheese tarts. Reason being Anthea love the Blueberry cheesetarts that we bought from SL II from Golden Mile Hawker.

I googled and managed to find this recipe which was quite easy for a beginnner like me. So with this recipe, i bought the ingredients. I was not able to get the Blueberry fillings from NTUC, so i went to Phoon Huat and luckily there was 2 can left on the shelf. I bought one of them and also at the same time, i bought a muffins tray.

When i reached home, i started preparing the pastry and both Anthea and Anders busied themselves as my "sou chefs".

After preparing the pastry, they had their lunch. I started preparing the fillings while they were having their lunch.

Then i started baking the tarts. The final results came out like these :


I am quite happy with my 1st attempt on Blueberry cheesetarts and now i have some Blueberry fillings leftover, i am considering to bake some blueberry muffins.. : )

We had dinner with my in laws at Tim's Restaurant & Cafe. It was recommended by one of my MIL's colleague and i had also read from some blogs about this cafe.

When we reached the cafe, we had a sweet surprised. The owner Tom Shretha, is none other then the restaurant Manager of a restaurant that our family always frequent at Novena Villa. It was meeting a good old friend... : )

Of course, we were served by Tom and his friendly staff. His recommendation of his food was excellent and we truely enjoyed our meal.

I know i will be back for more goodies since this place is near to my workplace..haha.

After dinner, my in laws went for their two-some time. MIL said it was a rare opportunity..hee : )

( always envy my in laws for being so loving and romantic, after all the years that they are married)

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am waiting... waiting... waiting... waiting for the day i can bake with Jaimie. :)

LZmommy said...

Yummy! Hope one of these days I get try it :)

Wish my LZ will try other flavours like your kids. If you noticed, i baked only plain or with chocolates stuffs. :(

Aces Family said...

Hey Angelcow,

Very soon, she will be you able assistant.

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, my family is also chocolate lover but i Love trying diff recipes.

cheers,
astee