Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Farewell Lunch @ Man Fu Yuan - Intercontinental Hotel

One of our colleague from another department will be leaving the company and her last day of work is this Friday.

Together 5 of us went for a lunch in "celebration" of her farewell.

Thanks to my MIL once again, we managed to have a good dim sum lunch at Man Fu Yuan at Intercontinental Hotel. My MIL bought the hotel membership with the Priority group and she named me as a supplementary holder. So for this lunch, i am entitled to a 20% discount + using the $40 vouchers + a Complimentary Chocolate cake + an In-house White wine...so we had quite a feast.

The dim sum here is very good. The ingredients are all freshly prepared and all done to the best taste. We had a wonderful time with the food and the chat.

As we were too full after the dim-sum, we brought the cake back to the office and also the white wine (which i will share with my extended families during our next makansutra).

We had coffee at Starbuck cafe after our lunch and it was my 1st time trying a Green Tea Latte - Verdict is not too bad.
On our way back from the hotel to office, one of my colleague recommended that we go by a muffins shop in Sunshine Plaza to try the muffins, she said they are really good. When we went to the shop, i can smell the strong aroma of chicken pie and true enough, the shop sells chicken pies too. I overheard a customer talking to the shop owners and realised that they are "suki" too - means they are Hainanese. I started to conversed with the owners in our language and they were pleasantly surprised. I bought a chicken pie (left 1 only) and 6 muffins to try. (hmm..soon, i will become a muffins expert at the rate that i am discovering muffins over Singapore..haha.)


Along the way back, we made another stop at the famour Curry puff shop -SELERA FAMOUS CHICKEN CURRY PUFF. My colleague bought some snacks and our car was load with smell of pies / puffs & goreng pisang.

We had tea break in the late afternoon but i didn't managed to sample anything as i was still full from the lunch. Will try the muffins for tomorrow breakfast and chicken pie will be my lunch after my workout..hehe : P

In the evening, i passed some chocolate cakes to my parents in law, hopefull they will like it, which i think they will.

Another nice makan outing with my colleagues and also getting to know new foodies place.

7 comments:

Angie said...

WALIEW~~~ reading your blog makes me HUNGRY. it is especially so when it is 12.25am now.

Angie said...

dont ask me how come the time stamp on my previous comment says it is 9.24am... i oso dont kn...

Aces Family said...

Hi Angelcow,

I am like you, when i read food blog, i drool..hee : P

No worries on the time stamp, i am equally "lost" in blogsphere timing too.. : )

cheers,
astee

Angie said...

Girl, i tagged you.

http://exchangediaries.blogspot.com/2007/10/tag_11.html

Aces Family said...

Hey Angelcow,

do in chinese huh??

astee

Angie said...

chin-chai lah.

i have another one for you!!

http://exchangediaries.blogspot.com/2007/10/tag_11.html

Angie said...

"任意门" is from the world of Doraemon. it is a door that allows you to access to any world/ time/ era you wished to go to. For my tag, i am interested to kn which movie/book world you would like to visit if you have the chance. :)