Sunday, October 21, 2007

Muffins Sunday

Today adrian is on his Sunday work duty.

My MIL came in the morning to fetch Anthea for their weekends swimming sessions, thus i am home alone with Anders.

Anthea has been looking forward to this Sunday where she can stay at my In laws place during the day. Louis, Eve & Faith are doing their weekend relaxation trip in Bintan. So my MIL need not babysit Faith.

After lunch, Anders had his usual afternoon nap. Without any disturbance, he slept quite immediately.

This leave me FREE to do my own chores. So i baked a dozen of Blueberry Muffins. This is my 1st attempt at Blueberry Muffins. I realised my mistake - too much sugar. The recipe asked for certain amount of sugar and Blueberry. Overlooking that i am using Blueberry fillings which are already sweetened, i should have 1/2 the sugar content..hee : P

Well, overall the Blueberry muffins turned out nice on the texture. For this round, i used cake flour which i think helps. I bought cake flour for the cheese tarts recipe and since i still have balance of the flour, i thought might as well used it. Glad that it was a right choice.


Baking without my "sou chefs" are so much relaxing and faster. When they are around me, i tend to be a bit off focus as i need to keep watching out for them.

So this baking session was quite an enjoyable moment for me.

Anthea was so cute, yesterday after eating the Blueberry cheese tarts, she said : "mommy, you bake more and sell them for money." What a compliment..haha.

i told her mommy's baking standard is only good for self consumation and not for sale, people will asked for their money back. : P

We had dinner with my in laws at 香港珍街 near our place. It was another nice and simple dinner. Father in law shared his experienced on property with me at dinner table. Hopefully, one day i can be just liked him...(Daydreaming again...)

6 comments:

LZmommy said...

Wow! Another baking session!:) I always think that our kids will be the only one enjoy what mommy bakes :) SO when other compliments, I am on cloud nine :)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, rare opportunity, must fully utilised, also to try the new muffins tray.. : )

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee-Nice blueberry muffin you baked! I would love to try 'em :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Jean,

Thank you. If we ever had chance for a gathering, i will bake these blueberry muffins and i promised to use the real blueberries..hee : )

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Seems like muffins and cup cakes are very popular now huh? When can I get to try your muffins leh? hehehe....

Aces Family said...

Hi Idy,

You are staying so near me, anytime can come by to pick up whenever i bake.

I am still considering cupcakes as seem like not so easy... : P

cheers,
astee