Monday, August 03, 2009

FiReworks Special!

Once again, thanks to my PIL’s, we had an amazing weekend hotel stay at Swissotel the Stamford.

My MIL had continued her hotel membership program with the Swissotel groups. And for the package deal, she gets to enjoy free stay and this time she booked 2 rooms again. One room is on the executive floor – 57th floor for us to see the parade and fireworks.

The other room that we had is on the 22nd floor which I stayed with Anthea and Anders. The room was very comfortable and we also had a good view of the parade ground.

On Saturday as my MIL was still working around noon time, so I brought the children to the hotel 1st for lunch while waiting for my in-laws to arrive at the hotel for the check in.

We had lunch at Subway in Raffles City. Anthea and myself ate subway sandwiches while Anders had Burger King Kid’s meal.

Around 2 pm, my in-laws arrived and we checked in to the 2 rooms. The original room given to us on the 22nd floor was a bit noisy due to the aircon motor and we managed to change to another quieter room with a view… : )

As usual, after check in, the 1st thing the children request was Pool time and so we changed and headed for the pool. We had about ½ hour water play and swimming. We headed back to the room for our bath and the children afternoon nap.

When they woke up around 5 in the evening, both of them wanted to go to the swimming pool AGAIN..haha. So I told them we had to make it quick because we will miss the NDP show if we were too late.

At the pool, we saw the Parachutist “flying” down from the skyline and it was quite a view from the pool.

Then we quickly went back to change and watch the NDP from our room balcony. We saw the helicopters that was flying the Singapore flag and also the helicopters display and as usual Anders enjoyed it. He was totally captivated by the display.

Then we went over to my In-laws room for our in-room dining. My in laws had packed dinner from the food court back to room. We decided to have a nice and relaxing meal in the room while waiting for the firework.

From her 57th floor executive room, we had a whole view of the parade area. At one point, I saw the marching continent marching towards along Esplanade, turn around at the Bridge. Then marched along City Hall and turn back to the parade area. I heard on radio news that the whole route is about 3.2 KM. this is the 1st time the march pass happened in the city and neared to the public and credit must go to this year organizing committee. I think it was a great idea.

At around 8.25pm, we can see all the participants gathering at the platform for the finale. This was the cue for Firework and yeah, it started and we had a very good view of the firework display from our room balcony. It was really “High class” enjoyment – 高级享受。。嘻嘻!!

When the fireworks ended and the parade finished. We went down to Market Place for dessert. Both Anthea and Anders had a great time with their Ice-cream, while I enjoyed a nice piece of chocolate cake with my in-laws.

After dinner, we called it a night. In the room, the children were still enjoying themselves with the TV program and the room cozy beds.

When they finally slept, I had the TV to myself and I enjoyed a few good movies on HBO.

We woke up the next morning around 9am and my MIL called me and told me that I could bring the children to the Executive Lounge for breakfast. Originally we were told the lounge is for adults only but she said she saw families with children having breakfast there. So we went ahead to the lounge on the 60th floor and had a wondering breakfast.

The buffet spread was good. Anthea and Anders enjoyed all the different dishes and the juices. I had a good meal too, enjoying a good cuppa too. : )

We met up in my In-laws room after breakfast and rested a while before heading to the swimming pool for our morning exercise.

After a good morning swim, we went back to change and pack for our check out.

Around 12 pm, we did the checkout of the rooms and then had a simple lunch at Out of The Pan.

Then it was Home Sweet Home. The children had their power nap.

In the evening, we went to my parent’s place for dinner. Yes, my 老爸和老妈are back from their one month plus stay in 海南岛。 From the trip, they brought back the famous 文昌鸡 and my dad cooked his usual specialty of 海南鸡饭. We had a very enjoyable meal at my parents place.

After the good meal, we went home to rest and get ready for another exciting LONG WEEKEND ahead… : P

6 comments:

blurblur said...

What an exciting weekend you had!! It's great that you have such close relationship with your inlaws! :)

I am still thinking of where to catch the fireworks this National day, besides on the TV...any suggestions? :P

LZmommy said...

I see that Anders is a LIVERPOOL supporter too! :)

Great weekend you had! Looks like you are coping well :)

Chicken rice! I missed my dad chicken rice... :( Did you learn how to cook it from your dad? :)

Ricket said...

Super Cool!
The only time I stayed that high in a hotel was during my wedding night.
*wink wink*

Angeline said...

Aiyo!!! What a lucky bunch you guys are!!!

Aces Family said...

Hi BB,

Yes, I am lucky to have such doting PILs. I am not good with suggestion cos i know the whole place will be crowded..: P

Hi LZmommy,

Like i said, we are seasoned liao..haha. No lah, so far, nvr get chance to learn the authentic way to cook HCR. : P

Hi Ricket,

Yeah, it was a really cool experienced. My wedding suite also not so high..*wink*wink*

Hi Angeline,

Yeah, we are lucky bunch!

cheers,
astee

Blessed mum said...

it must be a very spectacular sight!!!