Saturday, August 22, 2009

“马票报”& “OC”

Adrian has been keeping in touch with us via Skype on his weekends, i.e.: Friday & Saturday. On weekdays due to time difference, we hardly had the chance to “Talk” but he read our family blog and is kept aware of what’s happening at home with the children & me.

We also communicate via email. With so many advanced technologies to keep in touch with the family, you are never FAR AWAY from home..haha.

Last week while reading our family blog, he commented that reading my blog is like reading ““马票报”…haha. Indeed I told him our life is a story everyday and we are learning new things, just like the news. The only thing about my ““马票报” is that it does not has a 4D column…haha. : P

So far, he’s doing well in his oversea work assignment, although life has been equally tough and very busy for him too. I told him when we are so busy in life; we find that time passes very fast. Truly, he will be home in just about 2 week’s time and we hardly had any time to miss his absence this time because of all our busy routines. (Actually it’s a positive thing, this mean we are functioning well as a family unit.)

OC”

Nope this is not our usual Officer Cadet, this OC is ORCHARD CENTRAL. Yes, this is the latest new KID on the block in Orchard road, beside the other kid – ION.

This week, we had a relative visiting us from china and she is staying at my parent’s home. Today, my da-ge called me and asked me if I would like to join them for lunch. Anthea was very happy to meet with Anne Jie jie again. She had met her yesterday at my mom’s place and took an instant liking to Anne.

My brother brought us to Shokudo @ Raffles City for lunch. Then after lunch we took the MRT and went to Orchard Central. This was our 1st visit to OC and I must say – I find the building design a bit weird and a bit waste of space. There are small retails shops but not an anchor store like Istetan, OG or Metro. Also the design of the building has so many weird corners and no clear directory, so it was a bit like a maze.

Anyway, we managed to walk around the mall and found a place for dessert – Gelare. While having ice-cream at Gelare, we saw people doing the Indoor Rock climbing. It looks fun but scary.

Then we went home for the children afternoon nap before going to my parent’s place for dinner with Anne.

2 comments:

Blessed mum said...

indeed time flies when we are busy...

all of you must be excited that Adrian will be back in 2 weeks time!

blurblur said...

So fast, in another two weeks Adrian will be back...you and the kids must be looking forward to that day! :)