Friday, August 14, 2009

Event @ Sentosa

This has been a very busy week for me. At work, my department was handling a major session for about 150 people. I know 150 are not a BIG number but considering there is only my Manager and myself to handle the event, it is a MAJOR EVENT for us…haha.

There was a lot of logistic involved – booking the event venue, confirming the printout for the session, co-coordinating the air tickets / accommodation for all the invited guest speakers, coaches transfers etcs. Honestly all these brought me back to my working days in the Travel agent. In our agency, we also had a MICE department that handled all major events, so I am quite used to this kind of nature of work.

The only difference between then and now is I have a family, so logistic wise, it required more planning on my part me.

The event took place this week on Wednesday and Thursday. On the morning of Wednesday, I was required to be at the event venue at 7.30am, so I had to arrange for both Anthea and Anders to be in school before I left for the event.

Luckily Anders was very co-operative on the 2 days; he woke up around 6.45am, same time as Anthea. Then he had his milk, washed up and changed his uniform and we were out of the house by 7.10am.

We walked Anthea to her school 1st and then walked Anders to his childcare. Then I took a taxi to the event venue.

This is also a good training for Anders as in about another 1 years plus, he will be in morning school in Primary school. : )

This week, I also had the chance to play tourist again and this time is not on our main island. Our event was held at ONE°15 Marina Club@ Sentosa.

It has been almost 2 years since I last visited Sentosa. The place is a total changed from my last visit. I can see that the Resort World Park is already in shape and I believe it will be very soon, we can see the completion of it.

The club house was situated at the Sentosa Cove area and by the club house; there was a yacht area where all the yachters were parked.

Also opposite to the club house was a residential area, I heard it was fully booked. The place is so nice and so relaxing. This reflected the high end living of the rich and famous…hee. Now I have a DREAM….haha.

The 2 days of the event went by so quickly that I finally had the time to sit down and settled some of the paper works in the office.

During these 2 weeks, I must say a big THANK YOU to my mom and my MIL for helping me to look after Anthea while I was at work. There were a few days that I had to work full day to prepare all the printout and other logistics issues.

This has been a great learning experience and I truly enjoyed this work week, however, I don’t hope for it to happen again soon…hee : )

3 comments:

Angeline said...

Finally there is a daughter-in-law who appreciates her MIL....
*smile*
Hope you said to her face to face, that would mean more than gold to the old lady.

Aces Family said...

Hi Angeline,

I have all the while been very appreciative of my In-laws and there are many same as me : )

cheers,
astee

Lydia said...

You sounded like a good worker.. i mean, u are! :)